When and how to watch the 2020 Apple iPhone 12 5G October event live stream16
UPDATE: Apple unveiled the new iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max at the event today. And the HomePod mini. Read in detail about all the new Apple devices here:
- Apple officially unveils iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max
- The Apple iPhone 12 is finally official. Welcome to 5G
- Apple's iPhone 12 mini comes with the smallest price, 5G, and a late release date
- iPhone 12 series battery life revealed: Here's how they compare with all the previous iPhones
- The iPhone 12 and 12 mini price and preorder deals on T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T or unlocked
- The incredibly affordable HomePod mini is official with nifty new features
As usual this season, Apple is gearing up to unveil the iPhone 12 roster, but the release dates span a rather unusual October to November timeframe. While waiting with bated breath, you'd be wise to watch Apple's so-called "Hi, Speed" keynote live, as it is expected to unveil the most iPhones at once ever, to the tune of four new 5G model, reportedly starting from $649, and going all the way to $1349.
- The new iPhone 13: price, release date, features, and specs
wireless charging speeds, but we digress.Why "Hi, Speed"? Well, 5G, A14 and all that, and, given the four circles of different sizes in Apple's event teaser here, we can reasonably expect the rumored 5.4"-6.7" screen diagonals, too. Unless they have to do with increased
When to watch the Apple iPhone 12 'Hi, Speed' October event livestream
- October 13, 2020, at 10AM Pacific/1PM Eastern
Thankfully, Apple will be streaming its "Hi, Speed" October 13 iPhone 12 unveiling event, and you can watch it embedded when the time comes, on the devices and browsers listed here:
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using Safari on iOS 10 or later
- A Mac with Safari on macOS Sierra 10.12 or later
- A PC with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge
- Apple TV (2nd generation or later) with the latest Apple TV software or tvOS
- Other platforms with the recent versions of Chrome or Firefox that support the MSE, H.264, and AAC streaming codecs
What to expect from Apple's October 13 iPhone 12 5G event
Apple's world saw some pretty interesting developments in the first half of the year, both in resurrecting old glory with the iPhone SE, and introducing new devices in the iPad Pro line. The real heavy-hitters, however, Apple has lined up for October and November, in the shape and form of its first 5G iPhone 12.
For the iPhone 12 series, Apple will apparently introduce a new metal midframe shape coupled with a different back panel than what we have now, and a brand new 5.4" form factor. When you add the 5G modem, the 5nm apple A14, the increased zooming range, and the LiDAR cameras on the back of the Pro models, the excitement is palpable.
When is the iPhone 12 Pro Max 5G coming out?
- October 16, 2020 preorders for the iPhone 12 mini and 12 Pro
- October 23, 2020 release for the iPhone 12 mini and 12 Pro
- November 6, 2020 preorders for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- November 13, 2020 preorders for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Max
A lot of analysts expected that both the Apple iPhone 12 release and announcement may be pushed back significantly by up to two months, but now we are expecting the launch to start in October.
After all, a last launch in late November, just in time for Thanksgiving, and the Black Friday start of the shopping season on the 27th, would have been too much indeed. Before that, the delay in the iPhone 12 series unveiling and launch was rumored to be just a month or so, an October start would ultimately be the case.
Hopefully, by release time the retail traffic will be back up to normal, unless there is a second pandemic wave in time for flu season that could affect carrier and Apple Store availability again, as they are still not running at full capacity.
In any case, the analysts from investment firm Morgan Stanley are not holding their breath for huge 5G iPhone sales in the last quarter. They chalk it off to the belated launch and the precarious demand situation, at the same time predicting that sales would take off in earnest during the first quarter of next year.
Given that two of the four new iPhone 12 series - the regular 12 and Pro Max models - may not be released till November, it's not hard to fathom why Apple's usual blockbuster holiday sales quarter may spill over into early 2021 as well.
Needless to say, Apple will be streaming everything in these coronavirus times, with nary an audience on the horizon. Last year, Apple used the iPhone 11 trio unveiling to stream its keynote live on YouTube for the first time, and this year it streamed the iPhone SE and Apple Watch 6 announcements, so the iPhone 2020 unveiling wouldn't be an exception.
This story is part of:iPhone 12 leaks (86 updates)
13 October When and how to watch the 2020 Apple iPhone 12 5G October event live stream
13 October Apple iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro 5G leak in all colors hours before event
12 October Leaked iPhone 12 icons show off smaller notch ahead of tomorrow's event
11 October iPhone 12 faster Face ID, 30x digital zoom, 4k 240fps video, faux macro camera and more revealed
9 October Huge leak clarifies Apple's iPhone 12 5G release schedule and pricing plans