Our Apple iPhone 4S coverage. In one place.
- iPhone 4S specs compared to the iPhone 4, Galaxy S II, Droid Bionic
- Apple iPhone 4S vs Apple iPhone 4: spot the differences
- Are you happy with what the iPhone 4S turned out to be?
- Bluetooth 4.0: what it means and why it could be a gamechanger in the iPhone 4S
- Will the Sprint iPhone 4S be compatible with SERO Premium plans?
- What can dual-core do for you: a course refresher what the A5 chip will bring to the Apple iPhone 4S
- Things the iPhone 4S was believed to bring (but it won't)
- T-Mobile sits quietly out of the picture during Apple's event
- Apple introduces Cards for iOS
- Apple announces impressive iOS sales numbers
- Apple announces Find My Friends app, parents rejoice
- Infinity Blade 2 unveiled at the Apple event: “visuals that you've never seen on a mobile device."
- Download the iOS 5 update on October 12, Apple's iCloud service to go live with it
- Investors underwhelmed by Apple iPhone 4S; Apple's stock drops five times as much as NASDAQ
- Apple's failures and successes with the iPhone 4S announcement
- What does the iPhone 4S miss the most?
- Apple iPhone 4S camera samples
- Apple's iPhone 4S is not LTE, but it's a "world phone" - where will it work?
- Siri - could Apple's humble personal assistant reshape the way we use our phones
- Did Sprint catch the lifeline with the iPhone 4S or does that lifeline come from a sinking ship?
1. biophone posted on 04 Oct 2011, 16:41 3 2
Ok so their are way to many posts about apple making it very confusing. So what is pa's solution. Well a another post of course.
35. deeoh1084 posted on 05 Oct 2011, 09:06 1 0
seriously what is apple thinking?? i am a fan of android but i was expecting iphone 5 not this iphone 4s.... what a huge huge disappointment... i don[t know y apple does this every year.. iphone 3g then 3gs then 4 then 4s??? look at android phones now a days... for example Samsung Galaxy S 2... 4.52" screen 1.2 or 1.4 ghz(depending on the carrier) dual core processor 24 or 42 mbps, external sd card supporting up to 32 gb plus 16 gb internal storage and much more... i was actually hoping it will be iphone 5 but guess not.. oh well i guess i'm sticking with android forever
48. mwebber473 posted on 07 Oct 2011, 11:30 1 0
Ever since the first IPhone, Apple has been taken their customers for granted.
8. Yeeee posted on 04 Oct 2011, 16:58 3 0
it doesnt deserve more than an 8.5 and verizon version should be 7.5 because no lte
13. notsteve (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 17:08 5 2
but PA is iSheep
it always give iphone an inflated score
25. PotDragon posted on 04 Oct 2011, 18:56 5 1
An 8 would be an inflated score.
30. biophone posted on 05 Oct 2011, 00:03 0 4
Its funny how you are already giving a rating to a phone that you have never even used before. This just goes to show the bias in your posts. You are willing to give a full review based on many components you don't know. I can already think of over twenty reasons to get the 4s and wouldn't be surprised if it scores over a 9 as far as ratings goes.
40. StillStuckWithDroid posted on 05 Oct 2011, 16:26 3 1
maybe they havent used the iPhone 4S......but they have used the iPhone 4 and really how much different are they??? I mean they could ship out iPhone4's to most of the people and they wouldn't know the freaking difference. What I cant wait for is PA review and if they dont KILL the iPhone for "lack of innovation"..."same look and designs"...."not having that one thing they could say they brought to the table that was new" like they did the Bionic you will KNOW that they are the biggest Apple Fanboy SHEEPLE in existance. Hopefully the reviewer has a SHRED of professionalism and holds the Iphone4s to the same standard as they did the Bionic. This phone doesnt deserve anything above a 7 AT BEST......this was simply a money grab by Crapple
37. pppzzzz (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 10:11 0 2
no LTE is verizons fault, cause they totally dictate what f**key McCook and his band of s**tweasels slap together in their laboratory.
3. richter (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 16:42 3 0
Im glad i decided to have S2!more excited for the s3 next year
4. OllielovesAndriod posted on 04 Oct 2011, 16:46 3 0
Lol, in England bbc is not praising the iphone 4s but is criticizing it! Could this be it?If the press gives it bad reviews then people won't buy in! The down fall of the iphone? Could it be the bigging of the end?
14. notsteve (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 17:10 3 0
the main fault for today event is there were no iSteve/iGod on stage. There were no magical power that would blind the ibloger/ireporter
24. corporateJP posted on 04 Oct 2011, 18:40 2 0
One can only wish...
Remember, zombies can no longer read or comprehend, so they will ignore any bad reviews, just like the last iPhone and the Consumer Reports review, and continue to buy Apple devices until they become one with their prophet.
According to many "i" witnesses, there was no problem with the last phone or it's antenna...
6. disappointment (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 16:47 5 0
What a disappointment !!...
A dual-core? And only 1Ghz!
How many months has the android dual-cores on the market? ... And even better and faster than this? (Like good "old" galaxy S2!).
Only this? ... Same design, same screen ... disappointment ... after all who innovates? Android seems to be, with decent sized HD screens, better dual-cores, tons of continuous innovation...better wait for the Nexus Prime or Galaxy S3!
Android is the way!
9. Boti95 posted on 04 Oct 2011, 16:59 3 0
You guys might as well become a damn iPhone 4S page. Its not a big deal. Its not Jesus Christ.
12. notsteve (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 17:07 0 2
if you referring Jesus Christ as a person, i have no comment
but if you referring Jesus Christ as a god, i really wonder how can in the modern age, on a tech (mobile phone) site, you spread (believe in such) a fairy tale???
17. Boti95 posted on 04 Oct 2011, 17:58 3 0
Well, How aobut I shove that fairy tail up your uregistered #$$. That will shut you up.
20. corporateJP posted on 04 Oct 2011, 18:35 0 0
26. notsteve (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 19:30 0 0
Why you need to be angry?
I was raised in Catholic school, then christian school. I really respect Jesus as a person who have a big vision on human kind. Just like I respect mother teresa, buddha gautama. I don't insult jesus.
And what I said about religion as a fairy tale is also not false. In today american society, academy award for example, shown that none of the actor/actress were a believer because in modern days. Because as we become more knowledgeable the fake in religion were become easily spotted.
41. StillStuckWithDroid posted on 05 Oct 2011, 16:31 0 0
after reading this response.....whoever paid for your private schooling needs to get their money back. Seriously a third grade student could put together better sentences......EPIC FAILURE
10. notsteve (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 17:00 1 0
I believe if iGod who do the presentation, the iSheep would cheer about 4S
the iphone 5 prototype got lost in bar (again)
otherwise, apple would introduce 2 phone today...
11. lubba posted on 04 Oct 2011, 17:05 0 2
Please stop with the processor fiasco. Its really getting tiresome. Its all i ever see on PA's posts. Why dont you spec sickos talk about UI or an awesome app, or even build quality? A "smart phone" is not just about specs.
18. andro. posted on 04 Oct 2011, 17:58 2 0
A the same quality thats notorious for breaking and shattering with the smallest of falls or knocks?! The same build quality were the home menu button gets stuck very often? The same build quality were large numbers of iphones 'break' down after the one year warranty has just expired?!
15. Striker (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 17:49 0 3
AMAAAAZIIIIING! And its only 4S! Apple is the way!
16. andro. posted on 04 Oct 2011, 17:56 3 0
The entire coverage in one line: Same phone,slightly better camera and processor............job done!
42. StillStuckWithDroid posted on 05 Oct 2011, 16:33 0 0
dont forget.....grab money with no shame
19. aar0983 posted on 04 Oct 2011, 18:32 2 0
Well at least they have SIRI so you can ask it when is the iphone 5 coming out?
27. BK (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 20:17 0 1
Introducing IPhone 3GS, upgrade
Introducing IPhone 4, upgrade
Introducing IPhone 4S, upgrade
Introducing IPhone 4CS new color range, upgrade
Introducing IPhone 4GS with True 4G, upgrade
Introducing IPhone 5 with A6 chip, upgrade.................
How many times must a person upgrade a single phone in the span of 3 years?
I only allows phonearena to have another toy to 'Compare' with.
28. disco_dani posted on 04 Oct 2011, 21:23 0 1
ok so sprint gets to have the iphone 5 first before anyone and the iphone 4s....kiss asses...
29. lastoutlaw (unregistered) posted on 04 Oct 2011, 23:25 2 0
who needs a dual core processor on a 3.5 incg display..just pathetic :(
31. bbblader (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 00:38 1 0
Hmm I guess if I was an ijoke fan I would be all like WHERE THE HELL ITS MY IPHONE 5??????????????????? *ragequit* but since i'm not I'll say the truth! Where USA you're precious apple ijoke now? Android Symbian and WP7 will dominate apple!
32. SMB posted on 05 Oct 2011, 08:07 1 0
I can't believe some of the things you children say to each other ... all over a damn PHONE! Bunch of pathetic losers browse this site.
38. rsslmrvn (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 10:12 0 0
whenever apple is launching a new products all people are commenting too much? apple is creating their products for people who likes to buy it, and they are not forcing anyone to buy their products? cant you see the number of devices they sold.. commenting like im not buying that crap products doesnt make any sense. Still people buy the iphone because they want them and not because they need them.
43. jacko (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 19:26 0 0
but but but steve jobs said it was the first to do everything lol
39. dizzymaker (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 12:15 0 0
if you dont like it, dont buy it... speaking of upgrades, wonder how many android phones will come out next year! i would get bored counting... better yet, wonder how many androids will not get the ICS update? only to become obsolete. then for those who do get the update, i wonder how long most android fans will be waiting... till next year when jellybean is being released, lmao. unit for unit, apple still is number one by far.
44. jacko (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 19:30 0 0
unit for unit, apple still is number one by far
then why is android out selling crapple 3 to 1 here in australia
and ishit is available on all carriers
and i still be enjoying my sgs II knowing they know what people want and gives it to them
45. Watching Trolls (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 19:53 0 0
I absolutely love watching comment sections to see all the little children fanboys either hating on Apple, and the ones thinking Apple are Gods. Every single one of you that put that horrible bias in your posts just need to stop posting until you can use an actual logical argument without being a complete child about it.
So many people complaining about Apple's choice of designation for its phone... OMG NOT A 5! WTF! If they called it an iPhone 5 would you shut up about it? Who cares what it's called, it's just another phone. They could have called it the iPhone 734-8n if they wanted. I understand most disappointment lies in Apple's choice to do little to upgrade their last phone with the exception of basically just a new processor and iOS. Oh and a new voice interaction program.
Next, the Apple haters seem to forget the real facts here. Without Apple's smartphone innovation (we're talking the iPhone in general not new ones, don't think to far into this) there might not even be an Android OS. Every single smartphone manufacturer has based practically everything they evolved their phones off of Apple's product, so don't forget where all the new technology and interfaces came from. Yes, I understand Apple is typically behind the curve of late when it comes to technology. All I'm saying is Apple completely sparked the entire smartphone market when it first came out.
Being a user of both Android and iOS, I can compare them side by side, and to be honest, there just isn't that vast of a difference. Yep Apple has 100,000+ apps and Android is still growing their market, but honestly probably a good 80% of all apps are relatively useless. Hardly any cell phone user is a technical expert and wouldn't be able to tell you if their phone switched from Android to iOS overnight. You can nitpick a lot of things, but the difference just isn't that much to talk about. Your typical cell phone user is looking for a phone you can make phone calls, text, browse the internet, and take pictures/make videos. Beyond that it's just extra crap for most people.
The basis for this post is just to get people to understand that saying how much you hate this or that just makes you look like a child. Of course I would hope most of you know this already, which would basically make you trolls, as you just look for an argument from somebody as equally stubborn as yourself that has the opposite stance as you. Also I was extremely bored and felt like typing a bunch of crap.
Also most of you Apple haters will be happy to know that Steve Jobs has just died.
49. Moi (unregistered) posted on 07 Oct 2011, 14:20 0 0
I've heard that Apple is introducing a revolutionary feature in iPhone 4S, where all your messages and news are gathered and you can access it by pulling down your finger from top of the screen. Another never seen before feature is that you can actually use the phone directly out of the box. WOW!!! As if this wasn't enough, it has an 8MP camera and video recording in full-HD. The screen is supposedly in a class of its own with the whopping size of 3,5 inches diagonally. Truly Apple innovation at its best. Thank you Apple for making our lives easier...
55. mike jones (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 20:08 0 0
I have to say that yes they are giving a phone a high rateing thats not even out yet so yes i think there apple fans. I like and have all iphones and just about every android phone not every but dam near close. My friends call me a phone whore. Will i get the new iphone4s yes i will cause i want it and at some point ill sell it for a android and then sell the android for a iphone. but i will not sit here and bash android/droid phone or apple cause i dont like something about it both iOs and droid have there flaws but in the end for me its apple and whatever you want is your choice. im not a fanboy of either im on the fench
56. sameerpk (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2011, 12:59 0 0
i expect a little larger screen but... Itz like 4.
siri seems to be very intrestng
57. dingquixote posted on 17 Oct 2011, 21:22 0 0
There's much in samsung galaxy s II that's not in iphone 4s. for one thing, samsung gs2 provides for change of battery anytime so that when you're camping out there in the wilderness, you dont have to worry about draining battery. just carry another loaded one or even two. second, the screen of samsung gs2 is bigger so your eyes dont get strained. third, havent you heard about that drop test done on the two phones? samsung gs2 survived, iphone 4s just cracked up. plus, android apps are simply too wonderful to ignore.