Our Apple iPhone 4S coverage. In one place.
Now that Apple announced the iPhone 4S and the dust has settled, we managed to out quite a bit of coverage around the new Apple pride and joy. But with so much posts and articles, one can easily lose track of everything. That's why we decided to have this post - giving you easy access to all of our iPhone 4S coverage from a single place.
First of all, however, we'd like to quickly recap all the important information about the new iPhone 4S here. So, for those who missed the news, the iPhone 4S will keep the same exact appearance of the iPhone 4, but will feature a number of improvements on the inside. For starters, it will have the dual-core A5 chip, present in the iPad 2. Then, there's the upgraded radio, which will now allow downlink speeds of 14.4 Mbit/s, and uplink speeds of 5.76 Mbit/s. The camera will also get a nice facelift, arriving at the 8MP mark, along with faster performance and a 1080p video recording. The most impressive new feature however seems to be Siri - a deep system-wide integration of voice commands that will act as your digital assistant.
Apple iPhone 4S release date in the states is October 14, with pre-orders starting October 7. The price, as usual, will be $199 for the 16GB model, and $299 for the 32GB model. However, this year will see a new, 64GB option, for $399. One more thing... starting with the iPhone 4S, Sprint will also be among the blessed carriers, along with AT&T and Verizon. So, there you have it - a new iPhone 4S, available in just a few days. For the full details, however, check our articles, listed below:The
- iPhone 4S specs compared to the iPhone 4, Galaxy S II, Droid Bionic
- Apple iPhone 4S vs Apple iPhone 4: spot the differences
- Are you happy with what the iPhone 4S turned out to be?
- Bluetooth 4.0: what it means and why it could be a gamechanger in the iPhone 4S
- Will the Sprint iPhone 4S be compatible with SERO Premium plans?
- What can dual-core do for you: a course refresher what the A5 chip will bring to the Apple iPhone 4S
- Things the iPhone 4S was believed to bring (but it won't)
- T-Mobile sits quietly out of the picture during Apple's event
- Apple introduces Cards for iOS
- Apple announces impressive iOS sales numbers
- Apple announces Find My Friends app, parents rejoice
- Infinity Blade 2 unveiled at the Apple event: “visuals that you've never seen on a mobile device."
- Download the iOS 5 update on October 12, Apple's iCloud service to go live with it
- Investors underwhelmed by Apple iPhone 4S; Apple's stock drops five times as much as NASDAQ
- Apple's failures and successes with the iPhone 4S announcement
- What does the iPhone 4S miss the most?
- Apple iPhone 4S camera samples
- Apple's iPhone 4S is not LTE, but it's a "world phone" - where will it work?
- Siri - could Apple's humble personal assistant reshape the way we use our phones
- Did Sprint catch the lifeline with the iPhone 4S or does that lifeline come from a sinking ship?