Wednesday's News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- Verizon is to use the BlackBerry Storm as a competitor for the Pre. It looks like the Storm will be Big Red’s “secret” weapon against Sprint’s Pre, judging by leaked documents, sent to Verizon sales agents.
- LG ARENA goes… pink?! Yes, if you think you have seen all, LG might just have a surprise for you. The new pink version of the S-Class-powered handset will be exclusively sold with Orange.
Nokia N86 8GB is now shipping
- Nokia N86 8MP is now on its way to stores, says the manufacturer. Nokia’s first 8-megapixel camera phone will be available globally, but there is no information about the exact release date.
- Samsung has launched a solar-powered phone, the Guru 1107, aka Solar Guru. It is extremely low-end, housing a tiny 1.5-inch CSTN screen and dual-band GSM connectivity. However, what it has and other current phones haven´t is the ability to deliver about 5-10 minutes of intensive talk time after an hour of solar-powering. The Guru is now available in India, but will soon take over Europe, Southeast and Southwest Asia, as well as Latin America. Cool, ain’t it?
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 and Samsung Code have surfaced on U.S. Cellular’s website somewhat earlier than expected. Check them through our source links!
(BlackBerry Pearl Flip), more
(Samsung Code) via BGR