Wednesday´s News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- Sprint Nextel finalizes the acquisition of Virgin Mobile. This will probably prove to be a major boost for the prepaid services of the carrier, coming in the form of Boost Mobile and the company seems on the verge of becoming the market leader in prepaid services. (source: Sprint)
- Dummy RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 units are already on display in some AT&T stores. Does that mean the real Mc´Coy is coming soon we wonder? (source: CrackBerry)
- The Cricket MSGM8 is a handset with classic candybar from factor and full QWERTY keyboard. It´s equipped with 2.2-inch display, 1.3-megapixel camera, Bluetooth and will come with a price tag of $99, valid for the period November 27–30. (source: MobilityDigest)
- Google has updated the appearance of Gmail, Calendar, Latitude and Tasks for mobile browsers. Well, that´s all folks... take a look for yourself and see if the facelift is worth it. (source: Google Mobile Blog)
- 4iThumbs is yet another "hardware" keyboard for the iPhone. We are sometimes surprised at the creativity that people show when the manufacturer simply refuses to release certain extras for their handsets and 4iThumbs makes for an illustrative example – this is an accessory that protects the device screen, while the raised elements of its design are supposed to make typing away a whole lot easier. (source: CNET)