Tuesday´s News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- TracFone will offer the Samsung Finesse SCH-R810C. The handset is equipped with 3.2-inch touch-sensitive screen, 2-megapixel camera, full HTML browser, microSD slot (supports cards of up to 16GB) and utilizes the manufacturer´s proprietary TouchWiz interface. The price of the new handset, however, remains unknown. (source: Samsung)
- MetroPCS sells the ZTE Essenze for $99. The CDMA slider phone sports VGA camera, GPS, Bluetooth and supports ChatLINK. (source: phonescoop)
- T-Mobile releases OTA update for the Sidekick LX 2009. The new software version is 5.0/270115 and the patch supposedly makes the device snappier. Has anyone installed it yet? Is there any noticeable speed improvement? (source: Hiptop3)
- General Mobile DSTL1 gets a firmware update. It upgrades the dual-SIM capable Android-based handset to OS version 1.6 (Donut). It will allow you to enable either SIM card whenever you want or activate them both at the same time. More information is available via the source link: Android Authority
- Owners of BlackBerry handsets can now get BeejiveIM 2.0 Release Candidate 1. The new edition runs on BlackBerry OS 5.0 and offers quite a few extra features, like sending people your GPS location or voice notes. You can download the app from here. (via: TheBlackBerryZone)