Tuesday´s News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- The Samsung Scarlet T659 is expected on 9 September. According to CellPhoneSignal, the elegant slider for T-Mobile will be released on 9 September. We are devastated and overwhelmed - how are we supposed to make it this long without Scarlet (Johansson)? (source: CellPhoneSignal)
- New Skyfire version 1.1 rolls out. The allegedly fastest browser on the market got itself an update. Loading web sites should be even faster now and the developer claims scrolling and zooming on Symbian devices has become smoother than ever. Moreover, support for the latest Flash, Silverlight and QuickTime versions has also been integrated, so improved web page support is also available. Version 1.1 can be found here. (via MoDaCo)
- Users can now run Qik for the iPhone via 3G. The app that allows you to walk in the shoes of a news reporter and broadcast feeds from the event or just share your birthday party experience live can now utilize the 3G connectivity of your device. Moreover, the program is still completely free, so why not give it a go? Just get it from App Store. (via: The iPhone blog)
- LG has cashed in on 1 mln units of the famous ARENA KM900. Will the multimedia handset make it as big as the famous Cookie with sales hitting the 5mln mark in less than 9 months? We somehow doubt that, but it seems the ARENA sells great indeed. We do like the phone, because of its S-CLASS 3D interface. Please, take a look at our full text review if you need to know more. (source: LG)
- The Huawei G6610 has been approved by FCC and is not a smartphone, although it does look like one. It will be running the MTK MT6225 platform and its certificate reveals the handset will sport a second SIM card slot that might come in handy with future versions of the device. All we know about the current one is the phone will feature 1.3-megapixel camera, QWERTY keyboard, FM radio, microSD slot, Bluetooth and WAP browser. (source: Mobile-Review)