Tuesday's News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- The Samsung Dash is to be called the s50 when it comes out through Sprint on September 3! You probably wonder where we got this precious info from. A generous tipster of ours shared it with us, of course. Just a quick recap – the Dash is expected to succeed the Instinct in the carrier’s catalog. (Thanks, anonymous tipster!)
- The T-Mobile myTouch 3G will come preloaded with GPS Navigation from TeleNav. Starting tomorrow, when the phone is expected to become available at T-Mobile’s retail stores and online, users will be able to take advantage of a 30-day trial with TeleNav GPS Navigator and its turn-by-turn capabilities. In order to sign up for the trial you should visit the developer’s page here. (source: AndroidGuys)
- fring v3.40 is now available for Samsung’s Symbian S60 handsets, including the Omnia HD. That version of the popular messaging applications enables users to see user profiles, unification hints and delivers the regular portion of bug fixes. (source: fring)
- The Start Me Up application for BlackBerry lets you set a number of applications that start up by themselves after the phone has been reset. You can download it here. (source: BerryReview)
1. Doakie (Posts: 1330; Member since: 06 May 2009)
HOLY CRAP! You guys are the only ones that have reported anything on the M850(Samsung Dash) and its launch date. Thank god its finally coming. I've been waiting on this phone since I returned the S30. I bought that phone launch day, and I'll be picking up the S50 on launch day too. I even passed up the Pre just to get the Instinct 2. Its been really hard to keep my eye on the prize and wait for the Dash to launch, so many good phones have come out since April. I've had the high rez version of Zaggs leaked M850 pic as my desktop on my G1 just to remind me to wait...I sound like such a loser. But a little more recap as to why I have been waiting. The M850 is supposed to have a 5mp camera with auto focus, accelerometer, light sensor, and the high rez version of the zagg pic shows a port that says "video out" which is rumored to be an HDMI out for the HD video camera... But sadly I've just been waiting for the BREW OS 4.0 version of the Instinct UI. Supposed to be better, and I really liked the Instincts UI. Funny how far things have come with the Pre and Android since last year. Remember how Sprint was selling the Instinct as the iPhone killer? So much has changed in one year.
2. thunder18 (Posts: 116; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
Here, here. Glad I'm not the only one. I've enjoyed my time with the original Instinct as it's been a far more capable phone than any i've ever had before, but the improvements in the new one are looking good. Don't forget to add that it will also have a wi-fi radio. For those that care, there is a rumor that it also syncs with iTunes, but with the Pre stirring Apple's pot, I suppose that will remain to be seen.
3. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
I want to get the Dash (s50) but the Instinct Q supposed to be out a month later