Thursday´s News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- The HTC Touch HD got itself two updates. The first integrates "search and replace" into all Office Mobile applications, while the second fixes bugs in the event notification function of the device and the manufacturer claims the patch will help customers not to miss important information. (source: Clove)
- The device update is completely free (for them) and an updated version of the cell phone is expected to roll out in Europe and Asia later this year. (source: nexus404)
- It seems MetroPCS is about to add the slider Kyocera Laylo to their product catalogue. The phone will be equipped with 2.4-inch QVGA display, 1.3-megaixel camera and Bluetooth. The Kyocera Laylo is already available through local carriers like Bluegrass Cellular, Pocket Communications and Revol. (source: PhoneNews)
- Japanese cell phones will feature self-healing paints. The local carrier NTT DoCoMo will offer handsets that utilize special coating developed for Nissan makes. Allegedly, the surface finish will make the handsets extremely scratch-resistant. (source: Gizmag)
- Huawei will release a great number of Android handsets. According to a high-ranking executive, the Android cell phones will be available to customers across Europe, Asia and South America. (source: PC World)