Friday's News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- T-Mobile has launched the affordable Nokia 3711 clamshell. While not really technologically advanced, the Nokia 3711 tries to offer a stylish design, featuring a hidden external screen, along with a 2MP camera, GPS and Bluetooth. It can be yours for $69.99 with a two-year contract. (via: CNET)
- The Samsung DoubleTake is Alltel’s version of the Intensity that’s already offered by Verizon. The DoubleTake is oriented towards the messaging crowd that would gladly take advantage of its side-sliding QWERTY keyboard for longer texts, while still using the numeric keypad on the front from time to time. Its price tag is set at $39.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and one-year contract. (source: Samsung)
- US Cellular is now offering the RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630 to its customers. US Cellular is the fourth carrier to put the popular smartphone on its shelves and it is giving it at a price of $199.95 with a two-year contract and after a $70 mail-in rebate. (via: BlackBerryRocks)
- The LG IQ is an unannounced phone that has appeared in an upcoming BestBuy Mobile catalog for Canada. While nothing is yet known about the LG IQ, we can clearly see from the image that it has a large touchscreen and a four-row QWERTY keyboard. We’ll keep you posted on that one. (source: MobileSyrup)
1. iberrystorm (Posts: 67; Member since: 12 Jun 2009)
im sorry, but after they made the 5 row-keyboard device, i stated hating on lg for copying htc. im guessing since they always copy, they are going to make the lg iq a device with a tilting screen. coping phones is like there job. lg arena = copy of iphone copy 5 row keybaord from htc. why cant lg make there own good phones without copying ideas! sorry to ofend lg fan boys, but this is my own opinion of this...