Friday´s News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- The RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 for a penny? Sounds like one hell of a deal, doesn´t it? Amazon.com now offers the smartphone that we have recently reviewed for as much as one penny on a new monthly plan. If you like the idea, why not visit the website and get yourself one? You can buy it via the source link. (source: Amazon via BlackBerryBlast!)
- Nokia N86 8MP is coming to US in two weeks. The first 8-megapixel handset of the manufacturer is to embark on its quest across the Big pond on August 20th and will be initially available through the official retail netwotk for $469. Other merchandisers are to get it in stock two days later, from 22nd onwards and you can have it if willing to part with $499. Running to the nearest store already? (чvia: TheNokiaBlog and NokiaMobileBlog)
- The official Facebook app for Android is just around the corner. That´s what can be inferred from pictures that have recently surfaced on the Internet. What we can also see is that the app will be visualized as a special widget. We´re looking forward... (source: AndroidGuys)
- You happen to have an Android-based handset, but wish it looked more Palm Pre-like? No problem at all, because that´s exactly what a recently released app does, i.e. it alters the way phone menus look like. As usual, the guys we need to extend our thanks to are with the xda-developers forum. (via: Palm webOS blog)
- Yet another cell phone with transparent keypad... only it´s Chinese this time. The Flourite N68 sports a keypad that closely resembles the one of the LG Crystal GD900, but that´s where the similarities end. The Chinese-made handset sports a 2.2-inch screen, dual SIM support, FM Radio and Bluetooth and it´s price is just $70. (source: UberPhones)