Hold on… we’re just beginning. Probably the most interesting news concerning U.S. carriers is that Sprint will launch its first Android-based phone, the HTC Hero, on October 11. And it’s official! Add to this the official launch of HTC Touch Pro2 on September 8. Also, we published a document from Verizon’s system, showing an unknown Android device – the HTC Desire 6200. And until the end of the month we hope the BlackBerry Storm 2 will be released, because there are leaked docs pointing a September 29 launch date for the business users… There are many other interesting stories that can be found through the ocean of links below so here’s what made headlines this week, sorted by dates.
- FCC gives thumbs up to three new models for T-Mobile USA
- Live images and videos of the Motorola Entice W766
- Verizon cuts pricing on BlackBerry Storm to $49.99
- AT&T rejects some Motorola Android handsets for being "out of date"
- Business users to get the Storm 2 on Sep 29, while others on Oct 14
- P120 and C40 - Palm phones emerge in Sprint's inventory system
- More information about Verizon's new Enhanced Multimedia Phone Data Plans
- HTC Touch Pro2 gets September 8th launch at Sprint for $349.99
- Document confirms October launch timing for the Sholes and the VX8575
- HTC Desire 6200 to be a new Google-powered device for Verizon?
- The first picture of the BlackBerry Essex has appeared
- iPhone on other U.S. carriers within the next year?
- Official images of the HTC Touch Pro2 for Verizon
- Nokia World 2009 Live Report
- The release date of Windows Mobile 6.5 announced by Microsoft
- Nokia 2705 Shade for Verizon leaks in images
- HTC Touch2 is coming next month
- Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 is the manufacturer's second WM smartphone
- Samsung Behold 2 features an AMOLED screen and is powered by Android?
- HTC Hero official for Sprint, comes on October 11
- Sony Ericsson Kiki is now named Xperia Pureness
- Verizon's Chocolate Touch appears in pictures
- First video of the Samsung Rogue U960
- Samsung Intrepid and Samsung Moment - spotted in a rebate sheet
- Nokia handset with 12-megapixel camera – real or faked?
- LG reveals a new Chocolate at IFA 2009
Coming next week…
Next week, AT&T will give the green light to the Nokia Mural's sales and the HTC Touch Pro2 will try to conquer the Now Network, starting September 8. On the same day, Verizon is rumored to launch the Samsung Rogue U960 and the Samsung Intensity U450, which already showed itself on the Big Red's site, but was later pulled down. Finally, T-Mobile may or (may not) release the Samsung T659 on September 9. That’s what we are expecting to happen next week, but you never know what's behind the corner.
Have a nice weekend!