Stories you shouldn't have missed this week
Yet not everyone is happy about the Galaxy S III's arrival. Apple, in particular, is trying to ban sales of the device citing patent violations. Speaking of Apple, it is rumored that the next iPhone will sport a 4-inch display, but despite the increase in screen real estate, the smartphone should be no trouble to handle with a single hand, just like the current model.
For more information about these and other interesting stories, just follow the links below.
- Samsung says Galaxy S III coming to five U.S. carriers this month, each with 2GB of RAM
- Samsung Galaxy S III now available to be pre-ordered at Sprint, AT&T, Verizon and Best Buy retail locations
- AT&T variant of Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB only, but available in red
- Apple seeks ban on U.S. Samsung Galaxy S III
- Analyst: Next Apple iPhone can retain one handed operation with its 4.08 inch screen
- IDC predicts Android market growth to end, and Windows Phone to beat out iOS
- HTC to be the first partner for Sony's rebranded PlayStation Mobile
- Google introduces the "Next Dimension" of Maps coming to Android and iOS
1. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Samsung spent billions dollars every year in new plants and new components while Apple save those money for lawyers on Patent Wars.
2. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Hope apple's lawsuit against the Galaxy S will fail.
3. slickytru5 (Posts: 10; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Why cant Apple give it a rest. Rather than fighting they should get together and innovate better products.
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...they should get together..."
I agree judicial nonsenses from Apples side should stop, but I don't think that these two companies should get together because it would break the concept (idea) of two competing companies.
5. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
android wouldnt exist without the iphone.
the lawsuits are really annoying and i have an iphone. android phones have come a long way since the original motorola droid. im really just over it. its hard to read through the legal bs on here because there is a lot of it. i want new refreshing information. id say i want to here about upcoming phones but everytime a new phone is announced, apple gets butthurt about it.
6. steelicon (Posts: 309; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Nokia 808 PureView RM-807 41MP sensor on retail.
7. Malique001 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
If the iPhone 5 has 4G LTE, Samsung may be able to suspend its release and hurt Apple's stock. People are going to hate me for this comment but honestly Apple deserves it. I have nothing against IOS but Android FTW!