Best Android phones to get this spring (poll results)
Are you sold on the performance and features of the Samsung Galaxy S4, or would you go with the HTC One with its gorgeous unibody aluminum design and revolutionary BoomSound speakers? We gave you the other options as well - the water and dust resistant Sony Xperia Z, the extremely affordable and productive Nexus 4, and the new phablet in town the LG Optimus G Pro.
So here are the devices that picked up your attention the most. Unsurprisingly, the Galaxy S4 was the handset most of you wished for, but the HTC One was a close runner up. The Sony Xperia Z ranked third, and the Nexus 4 got the fourth place.
Interestingly, the LG Optimus G Pro was either too big, or not popular enough yet to get many votes. Take a look at the results right below.
Best Android phones to get this Spring Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
Best Android phones to get this Spring
1. HTC One
4. Nexus 4
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
As expected, the Galaxy S4 is the winner here!
11. MultiYouTroll (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
why would people even dislike comments like this..
18. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Cuz they don't know what does "As expected" mean. :P
33. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
So nothing surprising here its so common now Galaxy S IV is just an amazing piece of engineering. Thanks Samsung for giving us a smart life companion!
45. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
Glad majority chose brains over beauty, although I reserve my opinion about the beauty.
58. puckhead (Posts: 76; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
because they would rather have the HTC One, at least I would
12. akki20892 (Posts: 3226; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
anyway don't care about poll, we know what we gonna get......!!!
16. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
did u join d poll? if so, then you care abt it :)
20. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yup, we know what we gonna get!
Oh and by the way, did you enjoy the poll? If so, then you care about it! :)
48. sintruder (Posts: 58; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
i will never buy a samsung product again after doing such a low thing of paying bloggers to post bad comments of htc one which hurt some of the one sells
2. cR203 (Posts: 183; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
If it wasn't for the HTC one build quality I don't think it would have a chance against the s4.
9. baller23 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Exactly. Other than HTC One's build quality and for some people the front speakers, there is no reason to pick HTC One over S4.
21. riggsy (Posts: 25; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
My S2 just bricked for no reason 2 weeks ago. It was always in an otterbox and only stock updated through keis. Getting the HTC one for that reason.
61. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1164; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
So how does an otterbox stop the phone from getting bricked? If you had a cracked screen or physical damage, I could see the otterbox being a factor.
28. SleepingOz (unregistered)
What build quality?! I think you're mistaking build material to build quality. The HTC One has one of the worst build quality ever!
42. noim1 (Posts: 296; Member since: 15 May 2012)
YEs exactly it was ranked no. 1 in the impossible to repair phones chart by iFixit ....HTC One is a one time Use only Phone ...
51. Gatorsrule52 (Posts: 34; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
umm i kinda would prefer the fact that its hard to get into and repair because that means that its has a really solid construction.Htc has universally the best build quality and materials other than nokia(build quality)
60. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"Htc has universally the best build quality and materials other than nokia(build quality)"
Best build quality, indeed! LMAO!
64. Gatorsrule52 (Posts: 34; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
I dont get it. What was so bad about that? A part of the phone that isn't soldered on or an original part of the phone itself fell off after it hit the corner where it joined with the body. There wasn't any other damage. I really dont get your issue with the build quality of ALL Htc phones when that is clearly not the case with any of them
53. amats69 (Posts: 953; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
HTC One has the worst build quality? nah ask that to Samsung on why they still need to hire and pay some pathetic people only to bash HTC One in internet.LMAO
59. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Idk what Samsung has to do with the awful build quality of the One, but I'll mail them if you want.
Meanwhile you should check these drop tests. =]
62. amats69 (Posts: 953; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
nah no need to mail them...just request a valid reason why they still need to hire and pay people just to bash a competitor despite of the success of thier galaxy phones. LOL
and btw just watch this
63. amats69 (Posts: 953; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
and heres another one from your beloved samsung phone
and btw ur S4 really looks ugly compare to HTC one even after the drop test.LOL
65. maccess (Posts: 560; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
ugly but it will survives better than the one... just wait the drop test comparison.. you will see the one shattered to pieces and sadly it's imposible to fix it while the s4 will pretty much like the s3 you can change the screen and the back cover then bang!! looks like new.. don't be so butthurt kid.. :)
66. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Oh but I have the GNOTE II, you know, which perform extremely well in drop tests.. =3
So you're telling me that this dented HTC One(goo.gl/kVRvc) with shattered glass and no bottom front speaker grill(N.B. broken on its very first impact) looks better than the GSIV. Well, talking about a biased hater, you sure ain't one.. LMAO!
Also unlike ergonomics, aesthetic is purely subjective, dude. I'd rather have a bigger, better screen in a smaller and lighter body that is easier to hold and that won't bend, get scratches and dents on impact.
78. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 712; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I don't really see how build quality = shock resistance...
By the same flawed logic of yours every phone that hits the ground and breaks has lousy build quality?
So the SIII has bad build quality too?
3. chocolaking (Posts: 428; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I voted for HTC One !
and I am going to Rogers to pick it up today!!
6. aries.phills (Posts: 132; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Goodluck Choco. I would have gone for it too but for some reason, I think S4 is a better choice.
Cheers Choco and fail not to let us know about your first night with hot chick (one).
13. chocolaking (Posts: 428; Member since: 22 May 2012)
If s4 can be a better choice, i would definately pre-order it.
But I just can't resist the magical power of the ONE. And s4 isn't any better than a S3 anyway.
even my friend is waiting for the Q10, so he can get rid of his S3.
17. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
isnt any better than a s3??
19. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Magical power? What magical power does htc one have? All the power is with s4......
23. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Not all powers, htc one has d aluminum power and d speaker power but gs4 isnt behind for spcfc reasons, polycarbonate has strong powers haha and its speaker wd wolfson chuchu is also magical..
But still gs4 is d most powerful :)
24. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
S4 is beating the one in pretty much everyway besides build quality,a few camera features and some stereo front facing speakers.
Think of it like this, would you rather have an i5 laptop with worse gpu, cpu, unremoveable harddrive/battery but metal chassis or an i7 with a better gpu, faster ram, expandable storage, removeable battery, bigger screen with stronger glass, etc.
38. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
remove "besides build quality"
it must be build material, htc one has poor build quality based on d drop test
52. Gatorsrule52 (Posts: 34; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
All that means is that the way the screen is positioned, a certain type of fall makes the screen take the brunt of the impact not the casing.
72. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
It is not reasonable at all. Maybe crack wud be more acceptable but signfcant part of d design will be detched just by low drop is unacceptable to BUILD QUALITY
80. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 712; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
That is quite an exageration, the S IV in many countries like mine will come with the S600 not the exynos, and saying the S600 is an i5 and the exynos an i7 is the most biased thing you could say, they are both quad core and work at almost the same frequency, the diferences in performance is not on the level of i5-i7 diference.
57. amats69 (Posts: 953; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
S4 got all the power? nah ask Samsung why they still need to Hire and pay some pathetic people despite of the success of S3. LOL
74. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Samsung taiwan is crap for that. We still dont know if samsung intl is partof dat butvi doubt it
25. amats69 (Posts: 953; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
wow!congrats man. im waiting for my "One" to come. last week of april! yay cant wait :)
4. smallworld (Posts: 415; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
The One will be the One that sells the least.
27. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
It will gave good sales followed with massive returns. Also reported the devices metal is low quality so it will scratch/dent from everyday use. It has an antiscratch layer but that wears off fast.
44. chocolaking (Posts: 428; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Why did you start bashing again?
Can you please stop making up bllushiat .
7. aries.phills (Posts: 132; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I would have gone for it too but for some reason, I think S4 is a better choice.
Cheers Choko and fail not to let us know about your first night with the hot chick (ONE).
22. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
The Optimus G Pro?
Why would I want the fake GNote when the real GNote is readily available?
26. FlushGordon (unregistered)
People easily fell for the ultrapixel gimmick....Been examining the jPeg files off my friend's HTC ONE and they are absolutely crap....shame on you HTC!
29. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
You can put metal on a turd, but at the end of the day its still a piece of poop. Expect high return rates. People that say its better because its metal must also think the iphone 5 is better than the s4 because its the same crap used in the htc one.
30. FlushGordon (unregistered)
The S4 has better hardware audio, not some glorified overhyped equalizer
It has a BETTER camera
It has Faster hardware
It has bigger battery, xpandable storage
The HTC has a better design and better sounding external speakers...honestly how could HTC win here?