Tuesday's News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- A million Ovi Mail account have been activated in the last six months and about 650,000 of them were created with cell phone. (source: Nokia)
- Recent rumors have it that Nokia will announce their new C and X cell phone series at Nokia World 2009 as well as the first handset of the latter lineup, the X3. (source: mobilizujeme )
- The successor to the LG KM500 seems to be in the works. LG Central reports the new handset is named KM555, but the only information available at this time is that the phone will come with WQVGA screen and 3G support. Judging by its predecessor, it´s quite likely that we see a 3.5mm. headphone jack on it as well. (source: LG Central)
- Jacksonville, Florida is now part of T-Mobile´s 3G network. We hope the service becomes also available in other cities soon. (source: T-Mobile)
- АТ&Т improves on mobile infrastructure. The operator has expanded its network frequency support and 850MHz 3G band is now provided by 540 GSM cells in Georgia. This is expected to improve the quality of service in downtown Atlanta and several counties, Fulton, DeKalb, North Fulton, Cobb, Gwinnett and Fayette. AT&T is planning to do the same in several other cities as well, including San Francisco and New Your by the end of the year. (source: phonescoop)