Samsung's Kid Store for Samsung Galaxy S5 won't let junior wipe out your bank account
To prevent the sort of in-app purchasing that has seen Apple get into trouble, the Kids Store will include some paid apps without any in-app options. This way, Mom and Dad know just exactly how much they are spending to pacify junior for a few hours. A special PIN number will need to be punched in when purchasing a paid app from the Kids Store. The apps will be listed in categories including Special, Learning, Play and Story. The PIN number also controls what phone numbers the kids will be able to call.
Kids Mode is for those 10 years of age or younger, and those who have seen it say that it is colorful and cartoonish, which should help it do the job that it is intended to do. That is, to keep kids away from things on the Samsung Galaxy S5 that they shouldn't be messing with, whether accidentally or on purpose.
source: SamMobile via BGR
- Display 5.1" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Quad-core, 2500 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2800 mAh(21h 3G talk time)
Posts: 10457; Member since: May 14, 2012
posted on Mar 07, 2014, 9:27 PM 1
Posts: 7002; Member since: Feb 10, 2012
posted on Mar 07, 2014, 9:36 PM 5
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):