All you need to know about the iPad mini
The iPad mini seems like a perfect companion for web browsing, reading books and magazines, but will also for using the hundreds of thousands tablet-optimized apps already available in the App Store. Sure, the experience won't be as rich as on the bigger screen of the iPad, but the mini is going to compensate with its lighter and thinner body.
With all of that said, we are fully aware that the ton of coverage that we posted around the iPad mini launch can be a bit difficult to read at once, that's why we've decided to have this page right here, where you can always return for more info. In fact, be sure to return here from time to time, as we'll continue to add more content to the list below, so there'll always be something new to read about this hot device.
So, without further ado, here's our amazing, phenomenal, magical and incredible content about the iPad mini and iPad 4!
- Apple iPad mini Specifications
- Apple iPad 4 Specifications
- iPad mini is officially announced
- Apple iPad 4 shockingly official: double the performance with A6X chip
- Apple iPad mini specs review
- Apple iPad mini vs Google Nexus 7 vs Amazon Kindle Fire HD specs comparison
- Apple iPad mini: here are all the new features
1. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
All you need to know about the iPad Mini:
The Nexus 7 is better.
4. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
and so is indle fire, and so are the other android and windows tabs out there!
24. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I jst wanna let u know that I am gonna be ignoring you...so this is my last post on your comment...I have learned its best to avoid TROLLS!
And yeah long time no see...I guess your ban got lifted...welcome back and good riddence!
9. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
The Nexus 7 isn't even in the same league as the Apple Mini.
First, the Mini has about 35% more real estate than the Nexus 7: 29.6 sq inches vs 21.9 sq inches, respectively, due to the Mini's aspect ratio.
Second, the Mini will have a higher resale value than the Nexus 7, when measured as a percentage of OEC (or original economic cost), respectively. This is due to better materials, build quality, etc.
Third, the Mini will have a higher penetration rate in the education and related markets. Due to the lower price of the Mini (vs Apple iPad 2), it's going to open so many new markets that Apple wasn't able to meet.
It's not even close. The Nexus 7 had it's few fleeting moments in the sun and it's days are numbered and if you check Gazelle and the other places to sell electronic stuff, people are expressing a huge interest in dumping there Nexus 7's.
10. bipinm (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
Apple Mini isn't even in the same league as the Nexus 7
1. Nexus 7 is Quad core.
2. u have to resale Mini when the new Mini with Retina display comes..Expecting soon...Nexus 7 will be rocking still...
3. Lower price of Mini??? Nexus 7 is cheaper.
4.PA already posted an article on where to sell your old Ipads...
11. mrochester (unregistered)
There's just one major problem the Nexus 7 has in my eyes, and that is that it runs Android rather than iOS. Had the Nexus 7 run iOS, I'd likely agree it were a better tablet than the iPad Mini. Except for the really dark screen of course.
12. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
What makes Jelly Bean inferior to iOS 6?
I do not agree.
13. amir1975 (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
Apple products are really boring. they're all the same! no innovation in design.
they are also so expensive, due to the fact that technology MUST BE cheap cause the customer needs to renew it annually.
18. mrochester (unregistered)
I don't find Android to be as well optimised or as well thought out as iOS. iOS I find to be more enjoyable to use and less frustrating.
19. bipinm (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
Im not being rude or anything...But IOS is for children.Android is for advanced people...
U will feel frustrated at the begining (I did)...But afterwards u will be amazed...
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 12375; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
They don't make an OS for children, they are made for people period. iOS is designed for ease of use, and that's why it appeals to the mainstream like it does.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 12375; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude u totally missed his point, all u listed was specs and the nexus being cheaper. The general public, and the educational system don't care about specs, and the nexus is cheaper cuz its built cheaper "ie" poorer resale value. Look on any site gazelle eBay, or Craigslist and you'll find apple products being the most valuable. Specs specs specs lol. How much does a quad core matter when u buy the device for 200 and a month later it's worth 95.
25. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
dude what are you talkin about?
1. real estate 7 inches on Nexus 7 vs ipad mini 8 inches...of course ipad mini's got more real estate but that doesn't make it a better tablet considering the very poor ppi on the ipad mini. N7 will be better for student reading.
2. ipad mini will not have a better resale value...reason?
well for one apple's products are very expensive and even when they're resold their prices are so ridiculous that one could get a new android device, maybe not a flagship android but a very good android device and people will go for new stuff rather than second hand used up piece of $Hit!
3. how can ipad mini penetrate where ipad 2 couldnt? the reason for that is ipad mini is cheaper compared to ipad2 but way more expensive than Nexus 7! ipad mini higher end models go up to freakish $629...thats the cost of a mainstream laptop! Nexus 7 has better specs, quad core, better screen ppi and is way cheaper. ipad mini is a waste, the only sales it will cut out are the sale of its own company product namely the larger ipads...no gain for Apple!
Nexus 7 is shining bright and its gonna get even brighter on Oct 29 when 32 gb model is sold a t the price of 16 gb model!
And its gonna get blazing hot when the Nexus 10 comes out with the super hi-res screen and top of the line specs with android 4,2 on board!
first i dont trust your source of gazelle or whatever (seeing your post i can clearly make out how misinformed you are) butthe only reason people could be looking to sell their old nexus 7 is to get the new 32 gb one or to get the new Nexus 10...Nailed it!
26. bipinm (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
totally agree with u...
and android tablet sales is high...
2. Scientist (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2012)
I was tempted to buy iPad mini until I saw the outdated resolution 1024 x 768 (160 dpi wtf?) and A5 chip (not A6X????)
3. amiaq (Posts: 496; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
samsung won't sell you their best display aayyy??
5. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Apple makes great stuff but you need to know Apple does overcharge on EVERYTHING they sell and by buying their products you are not helping anyone get their moneys worth.
6. robocopvn (Posts: 199; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
lol applearena, you don't need to spam your all homepage with apple news =DD
7. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
all you need to know about the iPad mini:
it's no better than the original Galaxy Tab 7.0..
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1497; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I'm a bit disappointed with the outdated A5 chip that we had already seen with the iPad2 and so does the screen resolution. Apple could have done something better about it...
20. ddeath (Posts: 163; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
That will come with the iPad mini 2 next march, after millions bought one. Then Apple will say "Gotcha! Kaching!"
14. TritonForceX (Posts: 58; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
"That's right, the leading tablet has finally gotten a smaller sibling, aimed at those users who'd prefer a more compact and comfortable to hold device."
No, smaller tablets started selling like hotcakes due to portability and lower cost, which pissed Apple off to where they decided to copy the designs of the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire. Could we not get a patent for a 7" screen? Lol
29. rsslmrvn (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
copy the design of nexus 7..in what part? the aesthetics of nexus 7 is ugly as hell.. thick bezel, no rear facing camera., and then you say apple copy it? seriously your making fun of your self.!
15. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
With the iPad Mini Apple killed what's left of any Asian wannabes.
17. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
cant they launch iphone 6 instead of this.............. ..
27. rsslmrvn (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
im just wondering when did people become concern on ppi for their display.? i think when apple release their retina display.! tell me if I'm wrong!
28. rickschwar (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
Twenty One Reasons Why You’d Be Crazy to Buy an iPad Mini (and One Reason Why You’ll Buy It Anyway) mostly-tech.com/2012/10/23/ten-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-ipad-mini/
31. AlexWII (Posts: 8; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
Are you desapointed with the A5 chip ?
Read this (you will feel better):http://www.anandtech.com/show/
32. yyuu1000 (Posts: 152; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Get the nexus 7 best 7 inch tablet out there