Microsoft Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL receive update to new Windows 10 Mobile build
To check to see if the new build of Windows 10 Mobile is ready to be downloaded and installed on your device, go to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates. If the update is there, make sure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. Also, you need to have your battery charged to at least 50%. Once those two conditions are met, you can go ahead with the update.
The changelist includes:
- Reliability and stability improvements.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements with car and other accessories.
- Microsoft Edge improvements to PDF rendering and navigation.
- Improvements for battery usage with Iris Recognition for Windows Hello.
- Update system improvements to fix a situation where some users had phone software updates and app downloads stuck at 0% for extended time periods.
- Change to update system to now require phone to be plugged into a charger when downloading and preparing phone software updates.
- Fix for a problem causing erroneous low storage prompts for some users when trying to download phone software updates.
- Fix for a problem that caused erroneous prompts of Outlook account settings being out-of-date for some users, although account settings had not been changed.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones to get stuck on BitLocker Recovery screen after a reset.
Microsoft says that it wants to hear your feedback. If you have anything to say about this build of Windows 10 Mobile, click on the sourcelink and let the software giant know exactly what you think of it (the update that is, not the company).