Tweet from AT&T says Samsung Infuse 4G to get fed Gingerbread this month
But this is about to change. In response to a question sent from a Samsung Infuse 4G user as to when he might receive Android 2.3, AT&T responded that the Gingerbread update will becoming to the device sometime this month. If the carrier keeps its word, in just a bit more than 2 weeks, owners of the Samsung Infuse 4G won't have to have that perpetual scowl upon their face-no more ranting about devices with smaller screens running more recent software. Now that doesn't mean that some delay won't occur, pushing the process into September, but as of right now, all lights are green and all systems go for the Gingerbread update coming to the Samsung Infuse 4G before the end of August.
By the way, if you click on the link on the tweet, you are sent to an AT&T press release that says that all AT&T Android phones released this year by the carrier will be receiving Android 2.3 at some point during the year. Besides the Samsung Infuse 4G, that includes the HTC Inspire 4G, LG Phoenix, Motorola Atrix 4G, Pantech Crossover and Samsung Captivate.
source: Twitter via AndroidCentral
- Display 4.5" 480 x 800 pixels
- Camera 8 MP / 1.3 MP front
- Processor Samsung Exynos 3, Single core, 1200 MHz
- Storage 16 GB + microSDHC
- Battery 1750 mAh(8.00h talk time)
Posts: 7; Member since: Jul 19, 2011
posted on Aug 12, 2011, 10:26 PM 1
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):