NVIDIA Shield TV getting Android 8.0 Oreo update, lots of improvements added
The most obvious change is the new Home Screen that you'll see once you fire up the NVIDIA Shield TV. Thanks to Android 8.0 Oreo, you will not find everything that you need in one place: Live TV, video-on-demand, streaming media, as well as games.
Speaking of games, the update adds new games to the NVIDIA Shield TV: Shadowgun Legends, Crashlands, Morphite, and Dandara. Also, Amazon Prime Video gets a major update too, while PLEX Media Server receives new storage options.
- Quick access to Settings when you’re on the home screen by holding the Back button;
- Support for high polling rate gaming mice for NVIDIA GameStream;
- Customize SHIELD controller thumbstick dead zones (Settings-> Apps-> Input viewer);
- Xbox 360 and DualShock 4 v2 controllers;
- DualShock 4 controllers using USB wireless adapter;
- Adds “Connect” option to re-pair disconnected Bluetooth accessories (Settings->Accessories);
- Ability to connect to Wi-Fi without disconnecting Ethernet (Settings-> Network-> Ethernet).
Although the update is already rolling out to NVIDIA Shield TV units, it will take a few days to reach all devices, but everyone is likely to get it by the end of the week.