Following two horrific events, Apple warns Chinese to use approved chargers only43
Apple was rushed into taking action after word reached the U.S. earlier this month about the electrocution of Ma Ai Lun. The 23 year old, who was supposed to be married on August 8th, was shocked while answering a call on her Apple iPhone 5 which was recharging at the time. The adapter plugged into the wall was not official Apple equipment.
The second case in China involved 30 year old Wu Jiantong who was shocked by his Apple iPhone 4while connecting it to a charger. He has been in a coma ever since. And problems with third party equipment isn't limited to Apple. You might remember Fanny Schlatter, the 18 year old whose Samsung Galaxy S III exploded in her pants, causing third degree burns on her thigh. As it turned out, an unauthorized third party battery was at fault.
source: AppleChina via AppleInsider