Premium Samsung Galaxy S5 to have a diamond-coated chassis, fuse stainless steel with composites
34. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
I love quality materials. Stainless-Steel 18-8, it should way a good 150Grms so you can feel the weight and material.
45. czarlie (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Mar 2014)
Its All a LIE - (Rumors & BS)!
46. czarlie (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Mar 2014)
Its All a LIE - (Rumors & BS)!
16. Finalflash (Posts: 1983; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
No no, they'll have 5-6 inch screens this year. They're catching up to 2012 so things are very exciting in the Apple camp as well. Think of how much more you can do with another row AND column of icons.
25. Vireak (unregistered)
'...another row AND column of icons.' is not as bad as five different variations of the same phone.
31. OMEiAM (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
So there was a big difference from the the 4S to 5S?
38. AntiFanBoyz (Posts: 117; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
Lame attempt, but keep stretching. One day you might be good at trash talk. Or, is english your second language? If so, carry on.
23. techspace (Posts: 799; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
why would they shiver?...htc one is a beautiful aluminium android smartphone, so metallic phones are not new to the android platform
and steel is not new to the industry, the older gen ipod touches used to have beautiful steel unibody designs
40. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6874; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This will be the BEAST OF ALL BEASTS.
3. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
lol good waiting . I hope it will be good at ui side too
15. Liveitup (Posts: 1730; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
The software especially the homescreen from the leaked pictures appears to be Tiled based like Windows Phone homescreen.
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1410; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
drop some carbon fibre into the mix , and you have a superphone
33. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
I would love a phone with CarbonFibre and with Sapphire back glass.
Finally it took them 4 years to realize this, that when you make a highend device, flagship it should come with quality materials, and not "cheap plastic" which i really dislike.
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Diamond is a good word for marketing purposes. Even if it will be diamond, then only industrial-diamond. Same which use to cover drilling and cutting tools.
6. tech2 (Posts: 2655; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So you want a real diamond with $700 phone ?!
BTW, its diamond-COATING and not actually diamonds
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
No I don't want, did I said that I want ?!
I just have said that DIAMOND is a good word for marketing purposes.
"BTW, its diamond-COATING and not actually diamonds"
Thank you explanation, but I already have wrote about that in my comment.
12. tech2 (Posts: 2655; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Well you probably edited your comment after I read it. I didn't read the part from ' Same...........'
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Look at the time when comments were posted, between your and mine comments are 6 minutes difference, edit function doesn't work for so long. ;)
PhoneArena should cheack again thise news, because I think that ther was an update for this story. Also what about this photo:
ws/news/device/device/__icsFil es/afieldfile/2014/01/09/51938 3_20140109143252_177_0001.jpg
17. tech2 (Posts: 2655; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
But I may have opened the article, 1 minute after you posted your comment. And since comments don't auto refresh, I didn't see your edited version for another 5 minutes.
Besides, you should very well know you edited your comment or not, at the exact place I mentioned.
18. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
i saw his comment literally just after he posted and i saw the 'Same...' part....
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I just have read article and I was right.
"...achieved by applying carbon nanoparticles while baking the chassis at high temperatures."
Or for example explosion method.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Here is how industrial-diamonds are made using explosion method:
20. hipnotika (Posts: 318; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
curved like beyonce's ass :D
what a dummy thing :D
who has a curved tv in her or his home :D
the curved design is unnecessary thing in my life :)))
36. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Yuch i really hate curved designs. I have a Sony Tv with just 1/3rd of bezel, with sharp corners, and does that Tv looks sexy or what.. Apple Tvs are ugly, with 3inch bezels and curved.
Sony should patent this design. Even thier Zseries Laptops are sharp edged, and really looks very sexy and modern contem.
19. hipnotika (Posts: 318; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
samsung galaxy s46 with 50 inches :)))))
22. casualavi (Posts: 48; Member since: 02 Oct 2013)
It would be better if u used ur common sense.. Who would manufacture a 50 inch phone??
28. _Bone_ (Posts: 2145; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Makes sense if you could wear it as a coat on the go, then push a button and it flattens out at home.
21. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Since this is Samsung I am not excited at all. they screwed up with S4. I am more waiting patiently for Sony, Apple and HTC.
27. twens (Posts: 718; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Samsung may have screwed up the s4 but made up for it with the note 3. If not for the huge screen that some people are not comfortable with the note 3 is simple the best all rounded smart phone of 2013 and I say that with over 10million people thinking the same.
Sammy knows how to do smart phones and they improve each year. So don't come condemning a phone that hasn't been released yet.
26. Vireak (unregistered)
I hate Samsung! Where's my *#&%! update for the Note 2?
29. _Bone_ (Posts: 2145; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Here you go buddy:
Don't forget to thank me!
30. Vireak (unregistered)
Thanks, but no thanks! I'm tech-illiterate!
39. AntiFanBoyz (Posts: 117; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
Which update? Often carriers are to blame as much or more than Samsung.
41. elitewolverine (Posts: 2567; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
to blame or how the os is designed, dont forget that because of the droid sphere, and each oem's wants and carriers need it is a 3 way street that iphone and to some extent win8 does not have to battle.
You can always root it, his warranty is shot anyways unless he has an extended warranty plan
37. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
LG G3 will sweep the floor, soon enough. Lol.
42. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 214; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
That's why the sales numbers are so impressive for the G2, right?
43. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
The way sales for the s4 are going, I very much doubt it.
44. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
G2's sales not even close to any of the older Samsung flagship devices. Don't need to compare with S4.