Microsoft offers Surface Complete, a $99 warranty to protect your investment
45 days from the time you purchase it to decide whether or not to purchase Surface Complete.
One last note, but a very important one. Those who purchase the Microsoft Surface from Best Buy, Staples are another retail store will not be automatically covered. One interpretation of the fine print is that a Surface purchased from a Best Buy or Staples store could be covered by the warranty if its condition is verified first at a Microsoft Store.
source: ZDNet via Slashgear
1. roscuthiii (Posts: 1602; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Good job Microsoft. Model yourselves a little more like Apple.
I picture Microsoft to be Cameron Frye swimming in the wake of Apple's Ferris Bueller.
Sorry... slow weekend workday. The mind wanders.
2. rusticguy (Posts: 2699; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
This is called "Pickpocketing" and yet show brave face that they are doing service :)
3. abecedef (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I really like Microsoft, but that should be included in the device price.
4. pongkie (Posts: 475; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
Tech companies/retailers should stop calling it warranty but a insurance. If you give warranty to something you should be confident your product has high quality.
5. nlbates66 (Posts: 131; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
apparently if you have this cover then they'll even allow a replacement when you spill your coffee all over your tablet. :P
6. BattleBrat (Posts: 853; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I'm about to buy a square trade warranty for mine...Bought mine directly from Microsoft
7. haseebzahid (Posts: 1720; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i thought everything came with extended warrenty options for extra cash in usa and eu