Judge says launch of Samsung Galaxy S III will proceed on June 21st
Judge Lucy Koh's decision to delay the Apple-Samsung trial will allow the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S III
Instead, the plan just might have backfired as Judge Lucy Koh said late Monday that Apple's push to get an injunction on the Samsung Galaxy S III would overload her calendar especially since she is presiding over another Apple suit against other Samsung products. And Koh's decision has nothing to do with the merits of the case, it really is a decision based on Koh's court schedule. Apple spokeswoman Kristin Huguet said that the "blatant copying of its devices is wrong." Google spokesman Jim Prosser blamed the huge jump in patent battles on the increase in vaguely written patents. Last week, Koh said that Apple could ask for a TRO (temporary restraining order) against the Samsung Galaxy S III, but that would have only lead to a delay in Apple's patent infringement suit against the Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 and some other Samsung smartphones.
1. mas11 (Posts: 1003; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Apple is scared. On Facebook I've seen some of my female friends, who are iPhone users, planning on getting the SIII.
18. frydaexiii (Posts: 1132; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, I've friends who are posting pics of the S3 saying they want it the same way they did 2 years ago with the iPhone. I guess when the whole worlds using it it just got stale...
22. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Koh for Supreme Court, lol
I haven't seen other cases of hers but the treatment here is very encouraging.
27. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2437; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Only in the US can Samsung copy Apple and get away with it.
29. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Go educate urself before posting... hideous avatar... suits the way
32. Mr.Best (Posts: 74; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Only in the US can Apple copy Neonode and get away with it
39. hypergreatthing (Posts: 32; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Apple is turning into a bunch of sour grapes because they're next phone is going to be a lemon.
45. mas11 (Posts: 1003; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
All the "new" features in iOS 6 are copies of Android features, so how is Samsung the one copying?
2. fur0n (Posts: 61; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
If only the galaxy s3 came to the us 10 days earlier.
19. DanMarino13 (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
why? it'll be here soon enough and dominate the market!
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4140; Member since: 14 May 2012)
June 23 - 10 = June 13, 2012 - which is today's date.
3. joey18 (Posts: 486; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
My gs3 july 9 but i hope comes early i'm sick of boring iphone 4s
4. jove39 (Posts: 1129; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Apple is quite scared of huge pre orders sgs3 has got...they don't have a case...just wasting court's time.
6. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
No one like you, APPLE!!!
9. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
just brainwashed boys and girls love IT
46. JunitoNH (Posts: 646; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
We may be brainwashed, but you guys are a bunch of traitors. Don't cry when more of your jobs move overseas, even the ones designing your basements. Yes, I know the components are made in China and elsewhere. But the company and the minds doing the designs are here in the good USA. Have fun with your Korean phone. ****P.S. don't worry McDonalds, the malls, and KFC have exciting opportunities.
47. hypergreatthing (Posts: 32; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
So the niche job market of cellphone designers may take a hit because apple can't compete? Why do i even care? Competition hopefully will make apple stop playing the lawyer game and make some real kick ass hardware. Protectionism does a lot more harm than good.
30. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Yes they do ... the eyeshps...
7. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
boycott Apple and its disgusting behaviour:
1) Apple ebook price-fixing lawsuit
2) "Steve Jobs FBI file: Lies, drugs and bomb threats"
3) $1.2 million fine in Italy
4) To make Apple behave right you have to sue him. (antenna-gate)
5) Apple blatant copy from Android and WM:
and many many more sins
8. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
F**K YEAH!! APPLE IS JUST S*** TROLL!! AHAHAHAHA!!!
10. ScottSchneider (Posts: 150; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Bottom line: Welcome to the U.S. Samsung Galaxy S III... LMAO... That's the Way aah haa aahh haa.. I like it... aah haa aahh haa..
11. frydaexiii (Posts: 1132; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Haha, first iOS 6 and now the Galaxy S3 isn't banned? Apple's on a roll with bad luck, or should I say karma.
12. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2800; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
CONSUMER IS WINNING
APPLE IS LOSING
13. jacko1977 (Posts: 330; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
watch from 23:54
run apple run ur going down
apple is s**t scared
17. RapidCat (Posts: 340; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
she have bautifull face and word :)
but not all people watch this
but thanks for the link
14. shamataa (Posts: 197; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Take that apple. YOU cant stop costumers want they want. Face it apple you are no longer number 1. NOt here nor the entire globe so get over it.
15. Ivan6479 (Posts: 240; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This is too funny!! I'm glad it's approved for its original release date. Apple was just trying to do everything they could to slow them down, so they can play catch-up. With the disappointing outdated features in iOS6 though, I'm afraid they are s**t out of luck! I'm sure their new phone isn't going to be anything special either. LOL
20. DanMarino13 (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Apple is scared! Good. They've been on their high horse and looking down on consumers as if we are stupid for far too long. Tired of people being brainwashed into thinking Apple is the only one that makes good devices. What's Apple gonna do when they're only big feature on the iphone was Siri, S voice is just as good. Call it copying if you want ifanboys. how's that notification bar you use? Awesome you say? Yeah, i've been using it for 3+ years now. If consumers would actually think for themselves a little and do some research before buying, i betcha a lot more would be getting Android or Windows Phone.
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4705; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This is what happens when you piss off the presiding judge in a lawsuit. Apple is going to lose every motion Judge Koh's courtroom where there is judicial lattitude.
Oh well, sh*t happens.
23. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 639; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Where r my iFans at?
Somebody?... Anybody?... Hello!
25. mas11 (Posts: 1003; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
They saw the SIII and moved on, haha just messing with you man
26. matrix_neo (Posts: 305; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
That's really good news for samsung consumers, especially to those who preordered in the US. Glory days of apple is over. It's time for other companies to reap the fruit of success especially samsung. We knew the only permanent in this world is change, apple should embrace it.
QinEmpire, Taco, Gallitoking and other sheep, what can you say your beloved apple is reaping karma now?!
28. som (Posts: 767; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Judge wanted Galaxy S3 too with bigger screen she can read her statement right in front of Apple lawyers.
41. jmoita2 (Posts: 929; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
What war??? It will be a walk over...poor Apple!!! lol!!!
36. becazican (Posts: 52; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
apple needs to become humble once again, they turned into this monster of a company forgetting their roots and the american worker. down with you apple
37. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5166; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Judge is beautiful I COULD KISS HER! Now Apple MUST LEARN TO COMPETE N INNOVATE. This would be bad for us the consumer for not recieving our phone who pay lots of money for it
38. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Apple just needs to be banned from the courtroom for 3 years. period.
42. taz89 (Posts: 1765; Member since: 03 May 2011)
No surprise just as I had thought... Not the 1st time this judge said no to apple... Good news for the consumers as they will not be restricted from purchasing the s3.
44. husser94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
THANK GOD!!! I WAS GONNA BE PISSED IF THE RELEASE DATE WAS POSTPONED IN THE U.S.