HTC sends out invitations for August 19th event; is the Windows Phone 8.1 HTC One (M8) coming?
On Monday, we told you that online Microsoft Stores are rumored to be launching a Windows Phone 8.1 version of the HTC One (M8) on August 21st. That is just two days away from the event being promoted by the invitation. So far, Verizon is the only carrier rumored to be offering this model.
If we had to take a guess, we could see the Windows Phone 8.1 powered HTC One (M8) unwrapped on August 19th, with the handset getting released on August 21st,. The unit could be available off-contract for $610, and priced at $199.99 with a signed two-year pact.
1. DogeShibe (Posts: 1105; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
One more choice for consumers! I love their Clock app for Windows Phone.
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
What about the HTC One M8 Prime?!?
3. ihavenoname (Posts: 1582; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Prime would be cool, but isn't it told to be cancelled? Though HTC might be trying some suprise, who knows.
15. CarsonTiffany (Posts: 18; Member since: 31 Jul 2014)
Will windows version be cheaper ?? My HTC One M8 runs Android operating system,REALLY FAST and I lovvve it, i buy one case for it to protect the metal outer cover from slipping, the case is quite sturdy with great price, casecoco.com/personalized-cases-for-others/htc-one-m8-casecoco-cases-165.
4. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Bring your goodness to the platform HTC.
5. DogeShibe (Posts: 1105; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Hey bill gates , you should done some money to advertising department of Windows Phone :')
13. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"Bring your goodness to the platform HTC."
Because after getting used to Nokia's excellent cameras, the market is really crying out for a 4MP POS camera with "duo" gimmick.
6. Heatfan316 (Posts: 500; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Just have a snapdragon 805 in it and this phone is going in my pocket!
7. UglyFrank (Posts: 975; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
The Same company that removed the OIS and kept the S600 in their fall 2013 flagship.....
8. Carlitos (Posts: 395; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I see them to more likely unveil a smart watch than an HTC m8 windows phone version, honestly.
Samsung and LG have already released their smartwatches. And with Samsung already gaining major market share in the smart watch arena, they are already creating a strong foot hold. So it would be wiser to release a smart watch at this point.
9. Damo579 (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I hope it is on other carriers besides Verizon.
10. newbey123 (Posts: 518; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Im guessing its not the new Nexus tablet or the other 2 tablets going to be released by HTC, since Google isn't mentioned. :-(. Getting anxious waiting for the new Nexus tablet with HTC to drop so I can pick one up.
11. brasstax (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Keeping my fingers crossed for a successor to the One Max.
Come on Sony & HTC.. Give some competition to Sammy in the high end phablet category.
17. zacsaturday (Posts: 119; Member since: 09 May 2014)
Hope HTC make a waterproof M8 with a removable battery.
At least the removable battery.
12. vzw_1223 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2014)
It's the windows phone HTC was at our call center last week the rep said August they will announce the windows version of m8