BlackBerry Q10 is now available in Canada
how the unit was received at U.K. retailer Selfridges, BlackBerry will have a big hit on its hands. Led by long time BlackBerry users who are accustomed to using a physical keyboard, the Q10 became the fastest selling consumer electronics product ever at Selfridges. The U.K. retailer had an exclusive on the device over the weekend.
In the U.S., the phone is expected to launch sometime this month on all four major carriers. At the last moment, T-Mobile decided to offer the model after originally planning to watch from the sidelines. While the carrier hasn't said why it changed its mind, any reason for such a move would have to be positive for the model. It is expected that in the states, a large number of BlackBerry users will be updating from their older 'Berry to the BlackBerry Q10.
1. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Hurry up and get into the US. This is ridiculous!
5. StreetNerd (Posts: 754; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
What bout the Netherlands? =( 5-10 weeks?!
8. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
overpriced piece of trash...seriously ? $650-$700 ? for dat phone?
10. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
I ddisagree with the 'trash' part, but the phone is severly overpriced. Here in the UK the phone is listed at £580, which is a fortune, but if you go on amazon the Z10 is already down to 300MAX. i know the Q10 is priced higher than the Z10 anyway, but the price will drop. BlackBerry needs to make this handset affordable if they want to become relevant again.
12. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
blackberries price tend to drop very quickly, the torch 9800 was $900 in my country when i had just been released, gradually the price went down to $300
23. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I agree 100%. Why would someone buy this garbage with hardware that is two years old. People need to get real phones.
34. Armor (Posts: 49; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
The Blackberry 10 OS does not need a quad core processor. The OS is optimized for the processor and has less lag and is faster then the phones with the quad core. Android is not optimized for the hardware because it is so fragmented with different manufactures. Like Apple, They optimize the os to work with the processor. Hint- Apple makes the os and puts the hardware together. Blackberry- makes the os and puts the hardware together.
28. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Phones with out contracts expensive read it again.
9. Shaznek (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Blackberry is ridiculous, this phone is a disgrace to technology
13. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
agreed, who on earth would buy this for a hefty 700 bucks...s4 htc one xperia z or nexus 4 are way better
24. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Agree..They need to die already!
20. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Oh boy..I bet people are lined up to buy this garbage. Who cares!
31. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
RIM = RIP - check
Blackberry releasing old tech - check
Blackberry RIP in 2 years - check?
33. Armor (Posts: 49; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
BLACKBERRY IS BACK. They will be the leader in the industry again. Just sit back and watch. To everyone who is bashing Blackberry. Have you used the Z10???? It is an outstanding device. Also the Q10 is going to be an outstanding device as well. I would like to see Apple, Samsung, HTC, Windows, Nokia, and Blackberry be successful. We all win in this case.
38. viswanathansri (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 May 2013)
q10 is going to appeal to many more people than the z10 ..... absolutely a premium product to hold in hand ... definitely turns more heads in the public than the iPhone :P :P ... but then the pricing is absolutely over ....... i dont think RIM is currently in a position to demand such a premium from the customers ....
@RIM : you don't have customers like the ones using apple who will buy any product thrown at them .... most of your customers are long time loyal users and think a little ... sjow some consideration towards them !!!
40. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
The only leader they will be is at the bottom of the pile. They need to go out of business already. The Q10 and Z10 are garbage phone with outdated technology. The software is horrible as well. Get yourself a real phone!
41. ecmedic4 (Posts: 273; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Have you used either phone? How do you know they are garbage? I think both look good and I played around with a z10 and really liked the OS. Its something fresh and it creates more competition, which means other companies step up their game. Also like someone else said, it doesn't need quad core to run smooth as the software is very well optimized to run smoothly. I had a blackberry tour, they have the best hardware keyboards. If the Q10 had at least a 4 inch screen I'd prob buy it. Until you use one, don't bash them, com
35. Daftama (Posts: 598; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Make BB open platform and you will have chance just in U.S majority hate it because they dont understand that few that do have legit reason the few that like good for them the rest are bandwagon
37. viswanathansri (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Gaurenteed hit for blackberry ..... but the pricing is almost rediculous ......
39. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Are you crazy...if they pricing this garbage at 99 dollars nobody would buy it
42. a_tumiwa (Posts: 371; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
this phone sold in my country Indonesia for $1300 and people still buy it