Sprint's Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is now receiving the chocolatey Android 4.4.2 KitKat treatment
Rolling under the T217SVPUBNE7 moniker, the sweetish update brings most of the performance and visual improvements that KitKat has in tow. Apart from being treated to better performance, Sprint's Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 also receives a number of interface tweaks and features. Among the most notable ones are the overhauled status and navigation bars, which are now transparent, the redesigned status bar icons, and the revamped lock screen layout, which gives you quick access to the camera.
Here's the official changelog of the changes that Android 4.4.2 KitKat brings to Sprint's Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T217S):
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls - full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut - access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser - select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings - location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
source: Samsung via IntoMobile