Developers make more money per download with iOS than Android
posted by Alan F. / Nov 27, 2013, 10:28 AM
A report on Tuesday said that ads on iOS are producing an 1800% better return than the same ads running on Android. Advertisers investing in Android actually had, on average, a 10% loss. Another report from analytical firm Flurry shows that iPhone users spend 19 cents on average for each app downloaded, a figure that reaches just 6 cents for Android users.
Posts: 224; Member since: Oct 10, 2012
don't you guys post this a few weeks ago? U just copy and paste the old post? is look like BGR is taking over this website now ...... so sad
posted on Nov 27, 2013, 10:32 AM 5
Posts: 2155; Member since: Oct 29, 2012
Cheaper, more free content on Android, what else is new?
posted on Nov 27, 2013, 10:33 AM 6
more free rubish, normal apps on both platforms pricing is SAME... -.-'
posted on Nov 27, 2013, 10:43 AM 3
Posts: 4062; Member since: Jul 23, 2013
Yea, no check the prices of most games. They're free on droid or cheaper at least. On top of that, note how Apple products are targeted for simpler users like children and grandparents, they would obviously get more revenue off ads from that category. The Apple users outside those categories probably don't add to that statistic and Android is largely for the "not so simple" as Apple even puts it. That group definitely knows how to get around or avoid ads.
posted on Nov 27, 2013, 1:48 PM 0
Posts: 248; Member since: Sep 01, 2013
Does anyone know any good courses to go on to be an app developer?
posted on Nov 27, 2013, 10:39 AM 0
Posts: 48; Member since: Oct 02, 2013
To become an Android Developer : Learn Java, Basics of XML, download Android SDK, Eclipse/Android Studio and head over to developer.android.com to get the tutorials.. To become an iOS Developer : Learn Objective - C, download iOS SDK and likewise Android, head over to developer.apple.com Happy Coding!
posted on Nov 28, 2013, 9:03 PM 0
Posts: 202; Member since: Sep 12, 2012
If there are 100 downloads on Android, IOS will have just 20. #Android is on 80% of the devices So this doesnt make any difference.
posted on Nov 27, 2013, 10:41 AM 4
a) Android is not on 80% of devices. You're thinking of market share, which is just recent devices sold, not the number of devices being used out there b) iOS and Android users don't necessarily download at the same rate as each other. Usage statistics generally show iOS users downloading/using their phone more c) Even if Android was on 80% of devices (which it isn't), and even if iOS made up the other 20% (which it doesn't), and if downloads were directly proportional to the user base (which they aren't), then you would have 80 downloads on Android for every 20 on iOS, or 96 on Android for every 24 on iOS, not 100:20.
posted on Nov 27, 2013, 11:44 AM 4
Posts: 2155; Member since: Oct 29, 2012
Are you suggesting that the 8 ppl. who bought Android out of 10 smartphones buyers but away their fresh new devices? In the past 2,5 years 5 times more Android phones were activated than iOS. Are you saying ppl. just active it and put it away?
posted on Nov 27, 2013, 3:27 PM 0
No, I'm saying what should be obvious. Market share = recent sales. Not total sales ever, not total number of people using either platform. It's just the number of people that bought a phone in a given time period. If Android had 80% market share in September, that doesn't mean 80% of people using smartphones are using android, it just means 80% of the phones sold in September were android phones.
posted on Nov 27, 2013, 5:40 PM 0
Posts: 10457; Member since: May 14, 2012
Wasn't this posted last week, and the week before that? I'm almost positive it was published twice in October as well.
posted on Nov 27, 2013, 11:00 AM 8
Posts: 793; Member since: Nov 09, 2011
nothing wrong with them keeping stats every week or two and publish it.....if anything it help people who are about to be a developer prepare for which route they should go......I can see why some do not want to hear because theres some droid fans who do not like to hear bad news, but still this is good news for developers, by the way I am not a developer so it do not pertain to me,
posted on Nov 27, 2013, 11:34 AM 5
Posts: 1032; Member since: Oct 21, 2013
Each market has its pros and cons. What is important is both have a rich developer base, that's ultimately what the consumers benefit from the most.
posted on Nov 27, 2013, 11:17 AM 0
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):