Apple is aware of "Error 56" bricking some iPad Pro 9.7 units73
Apple has since issued an official statement on the matter, saying that the company has received a small number of complaints and that anyone who can't restore their device through the iTunes link should contact Apple support. The company says it is looking into the cause of the issue.
If you own an iPad Pro 9.7 and still haven't updated to the new iOS, we'd recommend you don't risk it and wait for the next patch. The fixes and tweaks that can be found in 9.3.2 are very niche and you may not even know they exist. Here's the changelog:
- Fixes an issue where some Bluetooth accessories could experience audio quality issues when paired to the iPhone SE
- Fixes an issue where looking up dictionary definitions could fail
- Addresses an issue that prevented typing email addresses when using the Japanese Kana keyboard in Mail and Messages
- Fixes an issue for VoiceOver users using the Alex voice, where the device switches to a different voice to announce punctuation or spaces
- Fixes an issue that prevented MDM servers from installing Custom B2B apps