YouTube video reveals new tablet and smartphone accessory from Asus
Unfortunately, the YouTube video is the only indication we have that such a product exists. In other words, there is no information on pricing or availability. But that shouldn't stop you from clicking on the video below to check out what should be coming in the near future from Asus. While the TransKeyboard will work with Android and Windows Phone powered smartphones, we'd expect to find this to be more popular amongst tablet users.
source: Asus via AndroidPolice, IntoMobile
1. androiphone20 (Posts: 943; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Speaking of Youtube, Google gets what's coming from a userhttp://techcrunch.com/2013/11/
2. Sriniva1995 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Cool and fingers cross shouldn't be expensive
10. buccob (Posts: 964; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Not bad, but the best portable keyboard for tablets, smartphones and, if you want, your notebook... is the Logitech K810
The only downside is that it is meant for Windows 8 so not all Android shortcuts work, but most of them can be found through key combinations...
But it has back-light keyboard, light sensor, proximity sensor (for illuminating again when you approach it with your hands), three quick connections for jumping from and to another device with 1-click... I rather have all of this over a prop/cover.
3. eman99 (Posts: 181; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
It will never make it to the states and I don't know if people are will to carry key board with there phablet
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm always asking myself, laptops are turning into tablets or tablets are turning into laptops? (rhetorical question)
8. Miracles (Posts: 308; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I would tell you that tablets are turning into laptops. :D
5. hung2900 (Posts: 683; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
On the video is there an iPad Mini running (Asus's) Android?
6. ErynT (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
That is clearly not an iPad, as it does not have the round Home button with a small square in the middle that all of them have. Instead it has an Asus logo where the Home button would be.
7. Miracles (Posts: 308; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Not an iPad. An Asus tablet...there was a logo.
9. Tsoliades (Posts: 179; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
This looks really, really nice. I'd like to pick one up if it becomes an actual product.