Sony likely to release a new SmartWatch next week
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3331; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah! I've been waiting for this! I won't buy it though because I think smart watches are just useless... Ordinary watches are so much more beautiful and they have all the features I want: time and day. But it's nice that Sony is upgrading it's fleet in this department.
25. lovefist (unregistered)
Yeah me too I'll still be using my watch coz im very picky with materials of the watch wrapping my wrist. But smartwatches are cool though. Maybe next time they'll invent a smart ring.
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
First Sony smart watch was nice, so I've already decided what I'm getting, Xpwria ZU and this smart watch...Sony I love you!
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6740; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That's what I'm waiting for Xpwria ZU & the smart watch.
7. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
3.5mm Audio jack
I am sold.
And no TFT please.
21. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
So it can't be amoled or IPS. Because TFT is used in both. Typical clown.
10. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I guess with stolen smartphone bricking and the advent of wearable computers, muggers have a new target...
11. dorianb (Posts: 427; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Just wait for them to become popular. Then Samsung will have 20 different models ranging from 1" to 4.5" screens.
17. MEeee (Posts: 284; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
And then others will follow just like with phaplets. Samsung made smartwatches before Sony.
18. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3331; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah, maybe the CEO had a dream about it...
26. vincelongman (Posts: 1718; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
"The first watch phone was a 1999 Samsung SPH-WP10" from Wikipedia's Watch Phone page.
Watch Phones were pretty much smartwatches, but with far less features because technology was good enough back then.
27. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Haha... Another samsung clown.
Seiko, a Japanese watch company, was one of the first to develop wrist computing technology. The first digital watch, which debuted in 1972, was the Pulsar manufactured by Hamilton Watch Company. "Pulsar" became a brand name which would later be acquired by Seiko in 1978. In 1982, a Pulsar watch (NL C01) was released which could store 24 digits, making it most likely the first watch with user-programmable memory, or "memorybank" watch.
During the 1980s, Casio began to market a successful line of "computer watches", in addition to its calculator watches. M
28. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3331; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
And far before that there were complicated calculator watches mad by Casio etc. If the Samsung thing count's as a smart watch then the calculator thing also does. Since it had nice technology for that age.
12. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
if the screen is a little bigger than the original SmartWatch, I would be interested
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Not cheap rubber please
Stainless steel bracelet
High res screen
Dragon trail front glass
Make it a fashion or prestige mark item not cheap please
20. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
the stainless steel bracelet is highly unlikely, maybe a high end rubber or leather, but almost definitely not a stainless steel bracelet
22. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Prestige meaning? £400? £80-120 is good in my opinion. Mass market and premium.
23. tedkord (Posts: 5298; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Sony is going to be in a world of hurt when Apple invents the smart watch this year and sues them into oblivion.
24. lovefist (unregistered)
I doubt that. Apple doesn't have the balls to take sony to court.