Sony i1 Honami cameraphone leaks in a blurry pic, awesome spec sheet in tow
Sony's i1 Honami take on the likes of Nokia EOS and Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom cameraphone is expected to make a cameo in the fall, with Cybershot-quality camera and Full HD display onboard.
It is also expected to be the first truly One Sony device, made with CEO Kaz Hirai's strategy of converging the best Sony has to offer in its mobile gear. As if to prove that notion, the full specs of the device have been tipped, and they have changed a bit from the last leak for the better, making us salivate already at the eventual lossless zoom and interchangeable lens options bandied about by the insider who leaked the latest details:
- 5.0-inch 1920x1080 Triluminos, OptiContrast, X-Reality Engine, 2000:1 + Contrast Ratio
- Snapdragon MSM8974 2.3 ghz, Adreno 330
- 2 GB RAM
- 32 GB Internal, microSD expansion
- 2/3" 20/13 MP Exmor RS camera with Sony G lens, Cybershot Camera UI, Camera shutter key, Interchangeable lenses
- Xenon + Dual LED Flash, Mobile BIONZ Image processing
- NFC, One Touch Sharing, WIFI Miracast
- BlueTooth 4.0
- S-Master MX Mobile Audio Amplifier
- 1080p Exmor R front camera 2.2 Megapixel
- Dual Stereo speakers
- Android 4.2.2, new Xperia UI
- 4G LTE
- Tough Shatter proof Glass on front ( Tougher than Xperia Z Dragontrail glass)
- 3000mAh battery, new improved STAMINA mode
- Glass + Metal/Carbon Fiber body
- IP 55/58 dust, water resistance, shock resistance. No flap on audio jack
- IR Remote
Bear in mind that this is all still in the realm of speculation, but when there's smoke there's fire, and we hope the Honami will light it up below the best cameraphones this year, so we can all benefit as consumers.
1. Katrina (Posts: 58; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
SONY IS BACK.
TOLD YOU SO SAMMY AND HTC! BUT NOOO YOU DONT LISTEN!!
3. Jason2k13 (Posts: 426; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
how about wait for the official announcement to come so we actually know the real specs and design.
S4 and HTC ONE were a big success just to let you know, and i see alot of people lining up for the Note 3.
25. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
if all those specs is true Note 3 will lose the battle, because Honami is not just big devices with stylus and powerful chipset.
28. james004 (Posts: 349; Member since: 15 May 2013)
GOD! just look at their "Source"
these specs are a dream wish list of blogger.
no creditable source has even confirmed this phone yet.
i hope it exists and hope these specs are true.
but this news is B.S! this is all fake!
31. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
relax it just rumours i agree it can be fake
but the specs is not imposible
Sony is capable to do that and they also need to make it happen if they want to survive
50. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
All those hardware and the battery seems to miss match.....
51. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...unless battery management has been seriously improved.
52. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
S800 with HPm + new improved STAMINA mode maybe will solve the problem
53. Jason2k13 (Posts: 426; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
stamina mode pretty much didn't do anything for the XZ.
54. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
well i can't say anything about that because i'm not XP Z user but S800 with HPm + "new improved" STAMINA mode maybe will solve the problem
79. heyhi (Posts: 106; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
its not impossible but the phone would be too expensive.
Samsung, Apple, Sony and HTC can make any dream phone as long as they have big profits.
81. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I know that the rumours said the price is between $800-$1000, but hey iphone also expensive but apple still have big profit.
82. heyhi (Posts: 106; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
yes but Apple has more fanboys than Sony around the world, do you know what i mean? their market share dropped but it is solid.
Its more popular, even though we know which one is nicer.
Eveybody that I know who has an iphone insists that is better than a flagship adnroid phone. Then i ask them: have you at least tried an android phone? Of course the answer is no.
35. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
This is interesting indeed.
But i dont think there will be interchangeable lenses, probably 2 separate versions (one is cheaper).
41. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
RIP GS4, RIP HTC ONE, RIP XPERIA Z, RIP BB Z10, RIP G PRO, RIP S4 ZOOM, RIP i5s/i6 -_-
Not sure about Lumia EOS.
44. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Note 3 vs Sony Honami vs HTC One Phablet
46. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 470; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Oh man, keep your pants up. You may get a heart attack. Relax, all speculations haven't been a hundred percent true when the real deal comes out. Lets just wait until the unavailing and keep that shalt shaker next to you.. :) cheers
2. tech2 (Posts: 821; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Okay, can someone please pick up my dropped jaw down from the floor please !!!
4. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 462; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
wowwy!,interchangeable lenses.come to pappy honami.
5. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Picture is fake.
You guys have reported the same specs over and over again. Point?
Interchangeable lens is 50% rumor
16. emadshiny (Posts: 757; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
its a 5 incher, so 3000mAh is enough.
24. pwnarena (Posts: 438; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
agree. 3000mah is good enough. bigger than the galaxy s4's 2600 though not as big as motorola's leading power droid.
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
Finally a camera phone, that has 1080p screen, now waiting for sd card...
1080p screen and sd card is a must for a camera phone, don't you think?
63. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 May 2013)
If youre taking these rumors seriously, it says that this has microSD expansion on the 4th bullet.
8. Insignificant (Posts: 141; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Everyone realised that if Sony would unify their divisions, they'd be the best. Well, looks like they're unifying their divisions, even in their new laptops.
I can't even imagine what they'll present next year thanks to even more team-work from their divisions...
The best camera, screen, sound, design, content...
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 1741; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Sounds great, B U T !
Sony needs to get rid of the terrible noise that cripples the Exmor RS on the Xperia Z. How on the living hell does the Oppo Find 5 and the Galaxy S4 beat Sony's picture quality with the same Sony sensor?
11. Jason2k13 (Posts: 426; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Sony is not very good with their camera software, don't know why unless they are doing it on purpose for their next flagship?
15. _Bone_ (Posts: 1741; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I'm so ready to go Sony, but they must figure this out. I mean what a shame it would be to see a 2/3" Exmor RS @ 20MP with lossless zoom, xenon flash, a large battery and maximum specs only to get beaten at their own game.
58. kurtdean99 (Posts: 60; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
This is Sony camera division not Sony mobile division and I'm sure it will be great
10. pyradark (Posts: 624; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
all i want is that triluminos display with 2000:1 contrast
and wow at no flaps in audio jack
13. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Whahah.. IM HAPPY WAITING FOR THIS SUPER SMARTPHONE :) ayieee
14. emadshiny (Posts: 757; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
if all these specs are true, then im sorry for all rivals.
17. giri555 (Posts: 95; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Specs are sooooo sexyyyy that almost ejaculated! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20. boosook (Posts: 607; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
LOL... those specs simply can't be real. Let's wait and see, but don't hold your breath or you'll be disappointed.
21. pyradark (Posts: 624; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
S4 did that already, and now were stronger than ever to resist dissapointment
22. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
from all the upcoming devices i think this year only Sony Honami have the biggest possibility to become the king of android or even the king of smartphone.
Note 3 maybe sounds impresive but its just big device with stylus, a powerful Chipset and S4 feature. Note 3 also will have some serious competition from Sony, HTC, or even LG but all those devices have problem its not pocket friendly. i think the story will be just like last year when S3 beat Note 2 in sales.
Nokia Eos maybe have better camera but the problem is "WP"
like it or not right now WP is not good enough to compete With Android and IOS
so with all those specs Honami will have no competition in the android world except some big manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, and LG can make a better device
27. MistB (Posts: 508; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Sony are being aggressive, 3 top tier phones in the short space of almost 7 months, Xperia Z/Xperia Z Ultra and Honami plus some decent mid rangers which look more like the high end. If the sales pick up for this hot rod then yes, other OEMs will have to pick up their game, with the PS4 in town too i'd say the company is going through a resurgence. Nokia is also bringing their A-game, I can't really see Samsung and especially HTC resting their laurels on one star device.
33. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i agree with everything what you said, now sony only need aggressive marketing to be successful.
29. Paradox (Posts: 122; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Let's not forget about the Nexus (if it is even released this year). Super cheap and high specced, and supposedly coming with a good camera this year.
36. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
yeah nexus is great, but i need the best devices available to replace my old GS2
39. Paradox (Posts: 122; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Nexus will be the best. You won't understand until you have owned a nexus. Even though my nexus 4 has some shortcomings, its software is so good that I wouldn't want to switch to any other phone. Also, it will get updates whenever they are available. Sure this is also coming to other phones because of google edition, but you can't argue with the price of the nexus :)
45. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i'm the former of nexus 7 user and now i've replace it with Xperia Tablet Z.
just like what i've said i need the "best" device available, but nexus is not the best when it comes to specs.
yup when it comes to price nexus is the king
62. Paradox (Posts: 122; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Nexus 7 is a little bit rusty now, as it's a year old. Xperia Tablet Z is new. New Nexus 7 will probably have snapdragon 600, so it will 1 up the Tablet Z. In this phone and tablet business, things get outdated in months, you have to remember this. This is why I don't like paying for expensive devices, just to see them get outdated so soon. Sony are the worst, as they seem to release a new flagship every few months, so you will be outdated in no time.
70. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Xperia tablet Z have something that no other tablet have thats why i like it, and S600 is only S4Pro with higher clock speed if i really need that poer all i do just overclocked it.
in the android world no matter what you buy it will outdated in no time.
so release 3 powerful devices like
XP ZL and ZR (cheaper version)
just make Sony the wosrt???
75. Paradox (Posts: 122; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
I think the 600 is faster on the same clock speed, and it will clock higher than the s4 anyway.
76. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
no i don't think so go find some detail on qualcomm both of just S4 Pro CPU,
are you sure about that?? S4 have 1.9 GHz higher than that you maybe have battery and temperature problem unless they use S800 the only chipset from qualcomm with with HPm tech
26. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
wow. hard to beat those sepcs.. nice though.......
30. scriptwriter (Posts: 387; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
not that different than xperia Z. Only with bigger processer
32. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
wow...so many smart words in the display section.
They're going to ditch bravia engine and exmor sensor...maybe they've finally realised they were not as good as they hoped.
I will wait impatiently to see how it stacks up against EOS.
34. emadshiny (Posts: 757; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
EOS is not comparable with it at all as EOS is a camera phone but i1 is an all in one phone which gives you the best experience in every aspect of a phone.
57. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
eos is a camera? since when? Are you shaping up reality to your liking?
It's a camera-centric smartphone so cut this crap.
Are you another fanboy who felt disgruntled when Z turned out not to be as so great as it was marketed.
The truth is that guys like you keep repeating everytime when sony wants to unveil their new flagship that it will be THE ultimate phone. All xperias to Z. And so far, they couldn't beat even N8.
Just wait and stop spreading such crap.