Samsung execs deny a Galaxy S5 Premium, yet hint at an upscale smartphone lineup... and a Note 4
1. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
There will be thousands of S5 versions that we will forget about the premium one.
7. timukh (Posts: 204; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Releases thousands of variations of a phone with different hardware in each. But cant change the basic outline design and materials of one phone- Samesung logic..
8. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1472; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
that just pushed me to the all new one what do you guys think, i am intrested in the feel of the new one i like the rounded body and the spigen case look awsome, so mad about the galaxy s5 not pushing what android can do, i am still with a gs3 and i could easly keep it for another year with its 1.7 and 2 gig ram and sd card lots of roms to pick and kitkat official. its like the gs3 was the best they did and now they just dont know what to do next. the watch looks horrible
27. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
"GS3 the best they did"??? Have you seen the Note 3? Or what the S5 is actually going to be capable of?
I'm not saying they were as monumental of an upgrade as the S3 but come on the S3 was fantastic, but the Note 3 definitely blows it away.
The S5 is not a massive upgrade from the S4, but the Water Reistant features, the battery features, and the battery life themselves are worth the upgrade IMO.
31. a_merryman (Posts: 743; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
It is certainly worth the upgrade from an S3 if you want another Galaxy S series (the other manufacturers all have phones equally as nice now, nicer in some aspects), but I don't think if you bought a flagship phone last year that any of this years phones are worth an upgrade unless you don't like the phone you have. I think we're at a point where the flagship phones have reached a point where they are just like any other electronic device and don't need to be upgraded as often, same reason why people don't buy new TVs or computers every year or two.
I do want a phone with waterproofing this time, hoping the rumors about the G3 are true.
23. tedkord (Posts: 5592; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And there will be exponentially more tears as Samsung continues to sell more smartphones than anyone by a mile.
2. jasonjerkoff (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
who brought up the rumour in the first place that Samsung was goin to release a premium s5 yu all need to stop with the rumours its sickening then an article 2 days later will say no they are not coming out with a premium line ....... jus post the facts when ever the company releases the information ..
4. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Fed up with cheap plastic materials. What a cheap CEO. Even Htc One is badly built with glued on aluminium along with plastic sandwich in the middle.
Sony Z and iP5 are great solid build, but Sony Z has the best material with all sapphire back and front glass.
This S5 will not sell that like the S4 or S3.
Look at the generated post, only 220 posts, when last year the S4 had 533 posts
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9092; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Two words: removable battery.
As I've said over ten times already, if you think the S5 is going to be a flop, then prepare to be disappointed.
16. Kuroki (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
removable battery is samsung's only good point now huh...
32. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
maybe you will learn it one day, but i can repeat it many times for you the removable battery is a big disadvantage!
Samsung Battery warranty = 6 moths
Sony Z2 Battery warranty = 24 moths
35. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
you should smoke the same thing, maybe you get as well enlightened.
read & learn.. then apologize!
39. iTechies (Posts: 85; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
yeah. and when the battery of your battery built-in phone was broken. your entire phone needs to be repaired. and those phones with removable battery simply change their battery and that's it. problem solved. and what are you saying that removable battery is a big disadvantage? are you kidding? a phone with in-built battery is a true disadvantage!
41. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
you just don't get the point!!
if the battery of your Sony Z2 breaks it will be replaced and you don't pay a single cent due to the 24 month warranty.
while with your Samsung phone you have to pay it by own after six moths.
but maybe you consider paying the replacement battery by your own as an advantage..
5. jasonjerkoff (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
this is one of tactics to negatively impact a company ....... sources release all kinds of bizzar hyped up rumours and specs on a product ...when in reality this was never to b the case with the final unveiling .............
6. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 194; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
My Note 3 is a savage beast. I can't wait to pick up the Note 4 and I haven't even seen it yet. I still have my Note 2 in a drawer that I pull out and slip the sim card into every once in a while just to reminisce. Lol
9. papss (unregistered)
I have a SS dishwasher that's pretty bada$$..
he could possibly be denying it because it would effect the sales on some level for its S5 before its released
10. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
To be honest this S5 looks so ugly like the S3, and the S4 which looks better but the S2 was the best looking phone. The Lumia L925 is a sexy looking phone with looks and turns heads, but don't like the curved L920 or L1020.
I have there 9series 55inch with one-quarter bezel and superb picture clarity. But the Sony Tvs have the best sexy looking design, but fell for the Samsung TV.
11. PANIC (Posts: 57; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Dear Phone Arena, allow me to correct your pessimistic argument...the sky is not falling at all...on the contrary its shining brighter than ever, as Sony Z2, a real premium phone, is on its way. Personally I have had enough with these plastic faux samsung toys for kids.
As specs remain almost the same, and some are even better and since the mobile is an extension of our hand, at the end of the day we all want to hold a Real Premium phone in our hands (looks matters always), and at this moment that is the Sony Z2.
25. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
And mine too... HTC One is one sexy piece of hardware.
33. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
HTC is more sexy then any Samsung phone but they can't reach the Sony premium feeling.
22. pyradark (Posts: 788; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
One designnis came from xperia p back and BB z10 front lol
30. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 211; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Yes one are very sexy Sony Just a Black sqare
12. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 866; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
A Premium S5 didn't make any sense, although I can see Samsung making a luxury brand, like Nokia had Vertu, and giving the flagship similar specs to S5 but with a different name, and a concierge service.
19. nctx77 (Posts: 623; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
KEEP HOPE ALIVE✊ LOL! You gotta love Sammy fanboys!
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 13543; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why would they deviate from a very successful sales model. 10,000 variants of the S, and 3 of the Note
24. tedkord (Posts: 5592; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Didn't HTC deny the was going to be a GP edition of the One like two weeks before it was announced?
26. antonioli (Posts: 195; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
What's the point of making a premium line to be even more expensive than high end phone that is even expensive than before?
29. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 211; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Who care About Samsung's Phone
Only one 2014
37. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
samsung wont to sell a phone like htc one at 2more price
htc are the best
38. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
htc did this act last year for no more price and won best phone 2013
42. davenycept (Posts: 187; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
They are saving their new goodies for the note series like always now