Qualcomm turns to Samsung to supplement production of its 28nm Snapdragon S4 chipsets and LTE radios
2. ph00ny posted on 04 Jul 2012, 06:23 4 2
Obviously the author doesn't understand the difference between 28nm halfnode polysi compared to 32nm HKMG
3. BattleBrat posted on 04 Jul 2012, 06:52 4 4
You KNOW you're badass when your direct competitior asks you to make chips for them. But I prefer TI processors and MOTO radios...
14. dashing123 posted on 04 Jul 2012, 09:45 2 2
I just read ur first sentence, the rest 're irrelevant.
18. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Jul 2012, 13:40 1 1
you'll think irrelevant when the OMAP5 comes out. maybe even in a Motorola Nexus. :P
4. som posted on 04 Jul 2012, 06:58 13 1
Samsung is the best and largest components maker in the World that other companies looking for help. I love my Galaxy S3.
5. kartik4u98 posted on 04 Jul 2012, 07:00 9 1
''Samsung already makes the bulk of iPhone and iPad processors''
Then too Apple are suing them for completely mindless reason of patents..
Sammy should stop making processors for iSue..
6. ph00ny posted on 04 Jul 2012, 07:04 5 1
Samsung also saved them from botching ipad3 launch by being able to provide quality screens on time unlike the other parts manufacturers
9. Eraser112 posted on 04 Jul 2012, 07:19 5 1
The problem here is, that Apple is Samsung´s biggest customer. That means, if Samsung would stop to produce chipsets, displays etc for Apple, they would have some serious financial trouble.
Sad, but true....
Besides that point, I have the same opinion on this situation as you.
16. ph00ny posted on 04 Jul 2012, 13:32 0 0
It could also mean more focus on their own products. It looks like the Galaxy S line is reaching that point where supply is becoming an issue and this could really boost their production figures
Galaxy Tabs being a good example of those instances where they used Tegra2, Ti OMAP, etc instead of exynos.
12. mafiaprinc3 posted on 04 Jul 2012, 09:27 3 2
would be a good idea,but they are making big bucks from apple so why stop
7. Mitchel posted on 04 Jul 2012, 07:08 9 0
Long live the Exynos.. The King of mobile processors.. S4 krait is not far behind though.. lol at Nvidia LAGtra 3..
11. Sangeet posted on 04 Jul 2012, 08:20 4 0
Lagtra..!! LOL, made me laugh
Every time NVidia launches a new mobile chip they are actually far behind every other competitor in just a few months
History and present both proves this..!!
17. ph00ny posted on 04 Jul 2012, 13:34 1 0
Outdated GPU, single 32bit channel memory controller, builton large die size
It looks like they just like being the first (first dual core - tegra2, first quad core - tegra3)
15. hung2900 posted on 04 Jul 2012, 11:28 1 0
Maybe Samsung makes the chips enough for their US GS3 only.