Quad-core Asus Transformer Prime rages through the benchmarks
19. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 04 Nov 2011, 11:19 7 0
Yeah, imagine when I root & overclock that beast! lol
26. Leodrade posted on 04 Nov 2011, 13:00 0 0
Y U NO RELEASE QUADCORE PHONES YET?!?!?!!?!?!?!
32. remixfa posted on 04 Nov 2011, 16:09 2 0
umm. because its not availible yet?? lololol. I'd assume its going to tablets first because of a limited availability of the chips. Tablets dont sell as much as phones do. They are probably building up chip stock in the background for the next month or 2 so they can sell them to manufacturers.
Gimmie one of these chips, with a 720p SA screen between around 4.3-5 inches (with no buttons and ICS of course), a 12mpx camera with a Carl Ziess lens and big fat aperture and 1.5-2gigs of dual channel ram... and a huuge 2500mAh+ battery to run it all.
I think I might actually be happy for like 10 minutes with that.. lololol
37. ledbetterp3 posted on 04 Nov 2011, 20:58 0 0
Ikr, after that, I would just want more...
38. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Nov 2011, 21:06 0 0
i don't think i would as long as it stayed updated. xD
39. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Nov 2011, 21:07 0 0
scratch that, i would want an equally powerful WP after that. ;)
44. remixfa posted on 05 Nov 2011, 04:23 0 0
the problem is we ALWAYS want more.. lol
6. ryan5609 posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:12 2 0
So when can I pre-order this bad boy? I know it launches Nov. 9th but when will it go on sale or up for pre-order?
7. remixfa posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:25 4 0
i think i just peed myself.... lol
8. remixfa posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:27 3 0
That might have just convinced me to hold out for the Tegra3 phones.. lol
9. biophone posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:30 2 0
O my this is insane. I think this is a fake though my comp only benchmarks at 10000 and i have a quad core core i7 clocked higher then this tablet. If its true omg talk about overkill lol. Impressive.
13. Epic09 posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:45 3 0
...you do know that pc and tablet have entirely different benchmarks right?
14. remixfa posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:56 4 0
This is also a different type of chip and completely different set up than a PC. Android is also a much lighter system on resources than Windows 7 or vista. :)
oh.. and yea, the benchmarks are not equatable.. :")
30. biophone posted on 04 Nov 2011, 14:45 1 0
Thanks i learned something new
45. remixfa posted on 05 Nov 2011, 04:23 0 0
happy to oblige, compadre. :)
12. cncrim posted on 04 Nov 2011, 10:43 1 0
Wow, however it is overkill how is the battery when this much power inder the hood ?
15. Commentator posted on 04 Nov 2011, 11:05 3 0
According to Asus' CEO the battery life is 14.5 hours.
22. remixfa posted on 04 Nov 2011, 11:50 2 0
no, because it can shut down all 4 cores and use the lil-core.
21. Commentator posted on 04 Nov 2011, 11:49 5 0
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I give you my heart and my soul.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, assist me in my last agony.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, may I breathe forth my soul in peace with you.
17. Allday28 posted on 04 Nov 2011, 11:08 4 0
I see the Galaxy Nexus did better than the Galaxy S2 also... SWEET!!!
23. tech-head posted on 04 Nov 2011, 12:22 1 0
Question......which Galaxy S2 was tested? Also, no fair until galaxy gets ICS. :)
25. remixfa posted on 04 Nov 2011, 12:32 2 0
If it were the Hercules it probably would have been notated that way. I'd say its a safe bet to assume that its the traditional Exynos SGS2.
A good idea for performance is to look at that galaxy nexus and how it slightly overpowers the SGS2 even though its actually a less powerful chip. The omap chips normally get around 2400-2600 on the quadrant test. Thats a pretty significant improvement because of the dual core optimization in ICS. Cant wait to see what samsung's beast gets with ICS.
47. toaster posted on 06 Nov 2011, 15:22 1 0
Those numbers are for the 4430, remember the Nexus runs the updated 4460 :) The 4460 may still not be as benchmark healthy as the Exynos though. Thank god for hardware acceleration!
29. bbblader posted on 04 Nov 2011, 14:25 2 0
T........10000? HOLY $HIT
so when will we get quad-core on samsungs htc's and every other manufacturer that isnt apple because quad-core on a 3.5'' is stupid
31. REDODIN7 (banned) posted on 04 Nov 2011, 15:54 0 0
What th f@@k i dont believe it ! Absolutely outstanding, powerfull and so portable.
33. Evil_SaNz posted on 04 Nov 2011, 17:56 1 0
I'm doing nerd screams such Thad Castle in BMS. And probably was tested on honeycomb and not ics! As we can see, nexus with ics and TI omap outperforms the king exynos on the galaxy s2. So most likely the asus prime will get even better results ::)
Someone hibernate me until it's available for preorder.
34. Jobes posted on 04 Nov 2011, 18:07 1 0
Hold on guys.. The Ipad 3s will get 6k and still outsell everything. Everyone knows Apple is better. Lol jkj. "if you want a ring on your finger babe.. you better be putting this on my desk"
35. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Nov 2011, 18:55 0 0
oh wow. saying i'm impressed would be an understatement.
36. imkyle posted on 04 Nov 2011, 19:55 0 0
Two things about Asus Prime. If they roll this bad boy out before the Motorola Xoom 2 and for some odd reason this is the only quad-core tablet released within a period of time, you Mr. Asus will rule the tablet world.
40. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 04 Nov 2011, 22:50 0 0
I can't freaking wait. Asus just might be the tablet maker to beat. Still holding out for the Kindle Fire tho!
41. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 04 Nov 2011, 22:51 1 0
I want to play WOW on my freaking tablet please.
42. Commentator posted on 05 Nov 2011, 00:34 0 0
That and/or Star Wars: The Old Republic is the only reason I'm turning this down for a Windows 8 tablet next year (hopefully from Nokia, if they pull through.)