Quad-core Asus Transformer Prime rages through the benchmarks
3. Heatfan316 (Posts: 592; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
19. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah, imagine when I root & overclock that beast! lol
26. Leodrade (Posts: 87; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
Y U NO RELEASE QUADCORE PHONES YET?!?!?!!?!?!?!
32. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
umm. because its not availible yet?? lololol. I'd assume its going to tablets first because of a limited availability of the chips. Tablets dont sell as much as phones do. They are probably building up chip stock in the background for the next month or 2 so they can sell them to manufacturers.
Gimmie one of these chips, with a 720p SA screen between around 4.3-5 inches (with no buttons and ICS of course), a 12mpx camera with a Carl Ziess lens and big fat aperture and 1.5-2gigs of dual channel ram... and a huuge 2500mAh+ battery to run it all.
I think I might actually be happy for like 10 minutes with that.. lololol
37. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Ikr, after that, I would just want more...
38. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i don't think i would as long as it stayed updated. xD
39. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
scratch that, i would want an equally powerful WP after that. ;)
44. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the problem is we ALWAYS want more.. lol
6. ryan5609 (Posts: 107; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
So when can I pre-order this bad boy? I know it launches Nov. 9th but when will it go on sale or up for pre-order?
7. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i think i just peed myself.... lol
8. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
That might have just convinced me to hold out for the Tegra3 phones.. lol
9. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
O my this is insane. I think this is a fake though my comp only benchmarks at 10000 and i have a quad core core i7 clocked higher then this tablet. If its true omg talk about overkill lol. Impressive.
13. Epic09 (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
...you do know that pc and tablet have entirely different benchmarks right?
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
This is also a different type of chip and completely different set up than a PC. Android is also a much lighter system on resources than Windows 7 or vista. :)
oh.. and yea, the benchmarks are not equatable.. :")
12. cncrim (Posts: 730; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Wow, however it is overkill how is the battery when this much power inder the hood ?
15. Commentator (Posts: 3577; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
According to Asus' CEO the battery life is 14.5 hours.
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no, because it can shut down all 4 cores and use the lil-core.
21. Commentator (Posts: 3577; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I give you my heart and my soul.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, assist me in my last agony.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, may I breathe forth my soul in peace with you.
17. Allday28 (Posts: 283; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
I see the Galaxy Nexus did better than the Galaxy S2 also... SWEET!!!
23. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
Question......which Galaxy S2 was tested? Also, no fair until galaxy gets ICS. :)
25. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
If it were the Hercules it probably would have been notated that way. I'd say its a safe bet to assume that its the traditional Exynos SGS2.
A good idea for performance is to look at that galaxy nexus and how it slightly overpowers the SGS2 even though its actually a less powerful chip. The omap chips normally get around 2400-2600 on the quadrant test. Thats a pretty significant improvement because of the dual core optimization in ICS. Cant wait to see what samsung's beast gets with ICS.
47. toaster (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
Those numbers are for the 4430, remember the Nexus runs the updated 4460 :) The 4460 may still not be as benchmark healthy as the Exynos though. Thank god for hardware acceleration!
24. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
29. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
T........10000? HOLY $HIT
so when will we get quad-core on samsungs htc's and every other manufacturer that isnt apple because quad-core on a 3.5'' is stupid
31. REDODIN7 (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
What th f@@k i dont believe it ! Absolutely outstanding, powerfull and so portable.
33. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
I'm doing nerd screams such Thad Castle in BMS. And probably was tested on honeycomb and not ics! As we can see, nexus with ics and TI omap outperforms the king exynos on the galaxy s2. So most likely the asus prime will get even better results ::)
Someone hibernate me until it's available for preorder.
34. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Hold on guys.. The Ipad 3s will get 6k and still outsell everything. Everyone knows Apple is better. Lol jkj. "if you want a ring on your finger babe.. you better be putting this on my desk"
35. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh wow. saying i'm impressed would be an understatement.
36. imkyle (Posts: 1066; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Two things about Asus Prime. If they roll this bad boy out before the Motorola Xoom 2 and for some odd reason this is the only quad-core tablet released within a period of time, you Mr. Asus will rule the tablet world.
40. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3101; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I can't freaking wait. Asus just might be the tablet maker to beat. Still holding out for the Kindle Fire tho!
41. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3101; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I want to play WOW on my freaking tablet please.
42. Commentator (Posts: 3577; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That and/or Star Wars: The Old Republic is the only reason I'm turning this down for a Windows 8 tablet next year (hopefully from Nokia, if they pull through.)