PhoneArena Awards 2012: App of the year
1. Google Now
5. SwiftKey 3
got introduced that could insert missing spaces between words, thus speeding up your typing even further.
2. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
DAMN YOU! YOU BEAT ME TO THAT JOKE!!!
I suppose you used Google maps then.
35. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I have NEVER heard of those last Three apps
31. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
smallworld's being sarcastic.
city lens is awesome.
32. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
lol... funny truth!
but what about steet view (not that im using it)
but city lens and steet view are great apps!
then again, the world is currently ruled by either android or iOS!
3. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I think it's the messages app of iOS (which is actually regarded as an app by Apple, check if you don't believe me).
The static keyboard on the iPhone 5 changed everything again. And shows that Apple are headed in the right direction (which is subjective, as this is according to iOS maps only though).
7. ultimatebatman (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
how the heck is messaging an App of the year? You Apple fanboys really know how to grasp at straws. Google has the top 3 on the list because they actually innovate, performance be damned (worth noting that they also innovate with non-apps like Butter that save increase fluidity), unlike Apple who refuses to add anything new for fear of causing a flutter in their archaically simple OS.
27. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
We really have to start using the /s to show sarcasm....lol
43. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
We really do. I honestly can't see how that wasn't picked up, especially due to the references about the static line glitch, 'it changes everything again' AND iOS maps in 1 comment.
I've seen a comment before which too was anti-Apple, but the sarcasm picked up. Are the readers here braindead?
45. AFnerdTP (unregistered)
lol!! your tone was just so serious.. and s**t, you know we have had stupid people like that in comment sections.
i do see it now that i read it again. pretty funny.
48. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I'm going to be totally honest, I didn't expect Chrome to be on here. The iOS version is good for syncing and pre-loading pages, but is a bit crippled due to App Store limitations. The Android version is often criticized, and many say that Google should have left it in beta longer and stuck with the stock browser.
Google Now, though.
10. sorcio46 (Posts: 435; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
message app of iOS = whatsapp restricted to iOS users -.-
33. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
with iMessage, you are excluded from the rest of the world who don't use iMessage! So cool right? So exclusive!
And yesss! the keyboard! which other keyboard changes pencil to pen*s? So cool right!!! Oh, and that static line, WHAT-A-FEATURE!!!
44. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
It was sarcasm you idiot, and even if you didn't pick that up, I even wrote a comment about it before you posted this. Fail.
46. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
F U! I know it was sarcasm! So I add it up! chill, dude..
you think that I don't f-ing know it was sarcasm when you yourself don't know that I wrote another sarcasm just to add up to what you said..
who's the idiot now?
50. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Damn, sorry, I was just so frustrated at other comments hating that comment, I'm now guilty of the same thing, which makes me a hypocrite.
47. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
probably you just mad you get all thumbs down for your sarcasm comment, and then calling me idiot..
5. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I have no bones to pick except for the browser choice.
I find Dolphin, Boat and Maxthon far better than Chrome
12. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I will agree the performance of Chrome leaves much to be desired, but the others just don't have the syncing abilities Chrome has, they really are useful if you use Chrome on your PC
16. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
True.. but it's just not such an issue after you put a little effort in building up the browser manually.. at least in my case.
The speed and smoothness of latest Dolphin with JetPack on S3 is just impossible to turn back to.
22. BattleBrat (Posts: 1475; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Dolphin JetPack 'eh? Thanks for the tip....
20. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The stock Motorola ICS browser is great.
This is probably the best one, but only for Motorola phones. I have a Samsung tablet, and TouchWhiz on ICS is terrible. The browser crashes all the time. For that, I like to use Firefox.
6. aco96 (Posts: 240; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Nokia City Lens in my opinion. Btw, chrome is the worst app I ever installed
8. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
is PA being recently scared of putting anything apple there so the readers dint hate them, as I haven't seen anything apple in recent awards. they probably learned its not worth here as everyone is Android fan. or does apple really have nothing to offer anymore?