Nokia working on 10 inch Windows RT tablet to be displayed at MWC 2013
10 inch Windows RT tablet in Q1 2013, but Microsoft's introduction of its own Microsoft Surface tablets and the uncertainty of whether a market existed for Windows RT slates led the Finnish based firm to stop work on the tablet. Instead, Nokia decided to continue to focus on smartphones. And with sales of Windows RT tablets behind expectations, according to the supply chain manufacturers in Taiwan, Nokia is currently evaluating how many tablets it wants to order while it tries to come up with a marketing plan.
Nokia's original plan was to have the 10 inch tablet, powered by a Qualcomm S4 processor, built by Compal Electronics. Nokia wanted 200,000 units to test the market, but those plans were scrapped when the Microsoft Surface, uh, surfaced.
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Oh, my... Nokia, you naughty boy.
There's something big after all.
23. MC1123 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
love this news!!!
but i like for nokai to make a 8" (like ipad mini's size and portablity like a 7" android) and also a 10"!!!
this will really make Windows RT sales rise!! especially made by nokia!
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Make sure it's not heavy, carrying an iPad is like carrying a big size baby... If Nokia manage did that, I'll totally switch to you :)
and make sure it is as sturdy as surface :)
4. phil2n (Posts: 473; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Expect a solid and a good performance because it is Nokia, and we know what Nokia can do with their products
5. pongkie (Posts: 503; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
windows rt..... noooooo at least make it windows 8
6. tigermcm (Posts: 727; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
oh snap *backs out of surface order* looks like I'll be saving my money! When is MWC????
8. lolol (Posts: 64; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
"The unnamed Nokia tablet is expected to be introduced in February at Barcelona during MWC 2013" Says the article :)
7. jameshoe (unregistered)
wish it is one of the Lumia family
9. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
it will definitely look Lumia-ish like this:
or something like this:
when it comes out, I'll be first in line
11. jameshoe (unregistered)
it seen like slim and vivid
12. temodumbadze (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
the first picture is great,i wish it really looked like this
16. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
i agree. that first link looks really nice. i wonder if they will add their pureview camera to it?
13. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1098; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Nokia has already let slip 2 of it's Prototype designs and they look very good to me. but I think they should build a windows 8 tablet also because they have an Eco system of thousands upon thousands of PC Desktop/Laptop Business, Educational, PC games, and Web based TV, Movies, and Windows 8 Apps that are already available. A windows RT device may be cheaper to build but the windows 8 Tablets have the bigger ECO system .
14. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Ooh woow........ Now I will wait for this..... First day purchase for me....... But will it have Pureview 1/2......?????
22. MC1123 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
do you really want a pureview on a tablet?!
but yeah.. that would be nice!!!
15. wp7tribes (Posts: 52; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
they should make two tablets 1 with 7 or 8 inch windows rt "windows blue" and 1 with 10 inch windows 8 tablet i hope they do it
21. MC1123 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i mean manufacturer can squeeze the resolution restriction to 7/8" right? like HTC DNA with 1080p screen!!!
that would be a perfect size!!
hoping that microsoft will let the windows blue out soon so that nokia can start making with a hand friendly tablet!
19. MC1123 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
maybe microsoft let nokia make one coz they cant eat apple's and even android's (nexus) shares!!