HTC One (M8) Prime rumored for September: 5.5" Quad HD display, Snapdragon 805, and an 18 MP Duo camera
1. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
see, just the camera alone makes it 100000x better than the M8
7. vincelongman (Posts: 4164; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
It better finally have a Tri camera, otherwise I'm not interested
63. Kamehameha (Posts: 44; Member since: 21 Apr 2014)
Actually, they should use Sigma's unique Foveo sensor. The Foveon sensor is senseless for a proper camera where space isn't an issue. But on smartphone, Foveon sensor can do wonders.
13. hmd74 (Posts: 476; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Because the only problem in m8 is the camera
47. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
On the M8 sure but on the Prime it will be the size due to the BoomSound speakers. HTC should move the speakers on the top and bottom of the device....reduce the front logo area...headphone jack on the top along with the top speaker (I'm sure they can manage a small hole along wiith the speaker), power button on the right, volume on the left with the sim slot and micro sd slot on right!
A camera shutter key would be nice too but one can only hope.
And for the love of God HTC a BIGGER battery! alaong with some awesome software like the Note 3...cuz beautiful can be beautiful only for so long....it has to add value to use.
All this and we are talking! Also 18 mp camera on an HTC....that'll be the day! :)
58. an4564 (Posts: 39; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)
i do not see the problem with the 2600 one in the M8. tests already proved that it is more than good enough, lasting 7+ hours on the PA's own tests. i understand that the S5 did better but i do not think the battery is a problem anymore when it comes to HTC this time around
59. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Right on. ...But slap on a 5.5 inch QHD display and then we may have a problem. Besides Lenovo is coming out with a 4000mah monster. If Lenovo can do it so can htc or sammy or lg. More value for the customer. N Oh yeah Christmas would come early of these companies can slap in one of those monster chipsets from Nvidia!
60. an4564 (Posts: 39; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)
haha true. but i think they'll get the battery right for this generation of phones. maybe not that 4000mah monster lol but maybe close
71. szaboagoston (Posts: 43; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
I agree. But the GS5 is, as you say, slightly better.
75. No_Nickname90 (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 May 2014)
The issue with the M8 when it came to the added bezel was because the phone wasn't wide enough. With a wider screen, they'll have more room to hide the components behind. So actually, the M8 Prime may be the same size as the M8, but wider.
HTC didn't stretch the screen out in the M8 because the aspect ration would have been off.
21. androtaku (Posts: 242; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
rumor above says 5MP sensor is its main camera dude....18MP as the duo sensor unit
if its real i don't know which HTC designer should be shoot to death,should be the other way round
23. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4274; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Well, they can implement the double cameras to where they combine to make one image. That's what everybody thought they were going to do with the M8, but it didn't happen, they might do it with this, though. I'm not sure if it's a hardware based feature or software based, if it is software based they might release the feature on the M8 Prime and update the M8 to it, which should result in much better images.
66. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
true, but the 18MP should be the main camera, and use the 5MP for the depth perception crap. Seriously, that's too small of megapixels for good photos. May suffice for stuff like uploads to Facebook, but not much else.
76. No_Nickname90 (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 May 2014)
Back in the day, MP wasn't that big of a deal, it was good sensors and things like that. Guess MP is a big deal after all.
My pictures come out just fine. I don't see this "quality" thing when comparing to my friends pictures.
The 18MP secondary camera would allow a better depth perception.
What I'm hoping for is for HTC to add that function to videos. Kinda like they do in TV shows where they focus on what's in the front, then mid video focus on what's in the back.
That would have HTC winning everything.
2. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
So tell me, how is this different from Sony releasing two flagships in a year? HTC and Samsung are probably releasing 2 flagships this year and nobody complains about it.
4. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Its probably BECAUSE of LG's late release for their flagship AND Sony's contribution to their Q2/3 flagship that they are doing two flagships.
And yes, people are complaining about it. If you go back like 2 years ago during Sensation XE and One X+, everyone said HTC was shooting themselves in the foot. Now Samsung is flooding the market with so many phones, there is a saying "Another day, another Samsung".
Dont you worry, there are plenty of people with opinions out there :) More complaints than compliments for sure.
43. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
There is a difference -- Sony *announces* two flagships every year and barely ships one.
54. SamDroid (unregistered)
55. SamDroid (unregistered)
Samsung have always released 2 flagships a year: a S device and a Note device. Only difference is they are both for diff groups: phones and phablets respectively. And yes, the S usually gets variants (S4 Zoom, S4 Active e.t.c.) but-no matter what they say-the variants aren't mass produced for many markets. They're usually aimed at very specific markets, if you noticed. HTC also release decent phones, some flagship material, in the Desire series. LG follows Samsung by offering a phone and a phablet with high end specs each year (G series and G Pro series). But, for Sony, they don't make any sense. 2 flagships a year and by the time the first hits the shelves the second is out. Most people usually want to have the latest phone but having to shell out more than $700 for a phone barely months apart is gonna be a bit too hard. Also, its going to be confusing to consumers who don't even bother to follow these releases. Then again its going to be hard to provide support and updates for these devices since they're the flagships and Sony will have to be alert to user complaints and bugs and stuff. So Sony are digging a really big hole for themselves. It might work out later but for now I don't think so.
3. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Im not buying the 18mp depth camera.
But if it seriously is 18mp im definitely buying it.
67. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
18MP = 13MP main camera sensor + 5MP duo/depth camera.
5. daveydog (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Seriously, as much as I love all this, it is getting a little ridiculous trying to keep up with it... You can wait forever for the next best thing or buy now and regret later (or wheel and deal on eBay)....
77. No_Nickname90 (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 May 2014)
It's been like this, dude. Like for a while now. That's why programs like Tmo Jump exist. To make it easier to keep up, if you want.
So this doesn't bother me at all. If I were to Jump to this phone, by time the next device comes out, I'll have my jump again. Since I used 1 already.
6. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Thank goodness my M7 contract runs out in October. I will be buying this for sure as long as it's no bigger than the Desire 816.
8. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I was just planning on buying the HTC one m8 but if this true then I'm getting this not because of the stupid QHD display but the fact is the camera is going to be a killer, if it has a bigger battery then I'm sold. But in all honesty I'm gonna feel sorry for the m8 guys.
14. hmd74 (Posts: 476; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
They can simply sell their phone and get the New One :D
9. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
Desperate HTC as usual, release 365 phones every year and still a no buy
15. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 158; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
I think you are describing Samsung. One to two phone everyday.
28. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Everything he says is fanboynism and jealousy, what a childish and pathetic Samsung fanboy. I wonder why PA didn't ban him yet, something's fishy here.
52. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3271; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Right I got banned and had to change for saying one thing after 4 years now I look like a newbie
34. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
says somebody who is not a fanboy but a Friends Of Samsung huh LMAO
38. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
P.S. for those who didn't get the pun
Read post #19
56. SamDroid (unregistered)
Wow. you just had to go dig up the past did ya? You wasted precious minutes of your life trying to make somebody else look bad and btw the post is deleted
70. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
lol not even the couple of minutes, i had tabbed that article, just cut-pasted the link
40. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
That has to be the stupidest post so far this week!
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 2027; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Excited for this if it turns out to be true
11. Mreveryphone (Posts: 471; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
T-Mobile is looking more and more like rocket scientist's with their 6 month Jump Program...
16. jellmoo (Posts: 1525; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
A 5.5 inch M8? The damn thing will be the size of a tablet.
19. datphoneguy (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Yeah, 5.5" is really getting up there IMO.
The current version was pushing the limits of "comfort" - 5.5 inches is gettng a bit out of hand
62. tedkord (Posts: 10675; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
With the speakers and the huge HTC symbol bezel under the screen, this thing will be a foot long.
78. No_Nickname90 (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 May 2014)
You all are seeming to forget why the bezel existed in the M8. The phone wasn't wide enough.
They could have stretched the screen instead of having bezel, but then you would have had funky aspect ratios. LoL!!
17. antonioli (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
It's impossible to them make a normal cam.
18. datphoneguy (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
As someone who bought the M8, if this happens I'd be pretty darn pissed if this phone got released in a few months!
51. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Sony release their phones every 6 months. Samsung will do it too. HTC will do it too. LG I have no idea. But would you be happier with Samsung or LG? Just go with Apple to make sure no more phones from one brand will be released. Aren't you happy with your M8? Then don't complain.
20. Fuego84 (Posts: 342; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Ha this is probably false. It's probably made up by HTC themselves just to hold off people until later, when this rumor is finally unveiled as fake, and the new HTC One M9 would almost released.
25. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Another prime lol? But the specs sounds exciting, especially the 18 MP camera. Hope this is true.
26. PorkyBurger (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 May 2013)
What is with this Prime thing. Can't manufactuers just make the best out of every flagship. First S5 Prime is a slap to every person who has bought S5, now One M8 Prime is just going to be one.
27. OnlyOneGio (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
Releasing 2 flagships a year is why i stopped buying Sony flagships and now Samsung and HTC are doing the same... F*ck this s**t... Just release a Freaking good phone for the whole year than releasing two half phones every years. #*@!*¥
42. Lauticol (Posts: 335; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Technology moves really fast. When they launched their flagships the screens highest resolution was Full HD.
LG did the same with the G Pro 2
53. MrTzr (unregistered)
It is necessary for them to compete with oter companies. I just bought the Xperia Z2 and I will not give a single f*ck if Sony will release the Z3 in a few months. It doesn't make my Z2 worse...