BlackBerry has no plans for a follow-up to the BlackBerry PlayBook
While the executive did admit that the Canadian based OEM is working on some projects to see how a new tablet might work, Heins said BlackBerry would have to add some value to the slate before releasing another one. He called the hardware side of the tablet market cutthroat and very difficult although he praised Apple, which he didn't mention by name, for doing tablets well enough to grab a majority of the market.
launched without a native calendar app and even more disturbing for a company that prides itself on doing email better than the other mobile firms, it launched without a native email application.
With reports swirling that Apple is in the process of building a smartwatch, Heins said that if the market calls for such a device, he would have one built. "And if I need to build a watch, I'll do it," stated Heins. "I don't know yet."
source: HeraldSun via BGR
1. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
They should've make a new gen PlayBook, BB will be a big hit if they make that.
2. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
The playbook was horribly over priced at $499.99 when it launched. But when it dropped to $199.99 it sold like hot cakes.
3. imkyle (Posts: 948; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Got mine for $199.99 at Best Buy. Hoping they update it to BB10 soon.
4. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
They will, you just have to wait. :)
11. qazwsx (Posts: 21; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I wouldn't get too excited ; the playbook has only 1GB of ram, BB10 requires 2GB minnimum to be smooth
5. pookiewood (Posts: 528; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
It's a great device except browsing the Web is slower than on my Lumia 920. I'm hoping they fix that with BB10 though. Then I'd actually use it more.
6. cdgoin (Posts: 355; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
The d**k Tracy watch is not wanted, much like the google glasses. Gimmicks.. You still need a phone to drive them or the headset.. neither are form factors anyone outside a hipster will want.
9. downphoenix (Posts: 2235; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Given the amount of Iphones sold, I'd say the hipster market's pretty big.
7. TheMan (Posts: 349; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
BB should not go there, at least not yet. It needs a win in the form of a successful launch before diversifying its efforts.
8. StreetNerd (Posts: 699; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
so theres a chance we wont get BB10 on the Playbook? :/
10. henrickrw (Posts: 402; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I grab de 64GB for 199 & enjoy using it via HDMI on my 47" LED using my Bold 9900 as a remote.
It's sweet, high res & nice.
I'm an Android Fanboy, but use Blackberry to play around!