Android 4.3 improvements detailed in video including big battery boost
5. sorcio46 (Posts: 422; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Too impressive to be true :3
Tomorrow is close...
26. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Thank GODDD they will have smart dial finally...
12. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
What a lie. 4-6 hours of heavy usage to over 25? With the same battery capacity? Heavy usage? What kind of trash lies are they spouting?
Oh, most of the improvements come from better standby it seems. So it's not under heavy usage. In other words, not much difference.
15. proto (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
when you look at video... you'll see, that is actualy 10-14 hours of heavy usage..10 hours was phone on stand by. Still 2 times boost ... impressive :)
16. Captain_Doug (Posts: 940; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Exactly. The big dips were at the beginning and end of the day and in the middle valley was during work time. So overall, I'd say this is normal usage for most people. 25 hours is amazing. I'm pretty impressed when not just battery efficiency is improved but also performance as well. the thing was snappy and the benchmarks showed the improvements. Stock N4's get around 14000-14500 on antutu and this pumped it up by 2000 which is a big jump for only software changes.
20. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3074; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Just for a simple software update to a phone, I would be extremely impressed by just 2-3 hours extra of battery life.
24. mikeymop (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I think he means his smartwatch, not the phone itself.
4. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
All I care about is a fix for the numerous bugs in 4.2 to 4.2.2.
The rest is all icing on the cake.
7. rtol1 (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I find that very hard to believe, but if Google somehow managed to pull this off and demonstrates this tomorrow, I'll gladly reconsider.
23. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Can't wait to have unofficial 4.3 on my GS3 ;)
27. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Can't wait for unofficial rom on my gs2
9. Jklaz (Posts: 142; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Finally I can send emoji on a stock messaging app. I could on my liquid smooth 2.7 build but when I went back to TW I can only see them makes me mad
10. cashphama (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Emoji is on Android 4.2.2 and that's nothing new.
11. moronman66 (Posts: 160; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
If that amount of battery optimization holds true for more devices than just the Nexus 4, then Droid MAXX is going to sell like crazy, and the Notes 2 and 3 will hold a charge for days!
13. f1r3z0r (Posts: 88; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
If only if this is true fact android will kill everyone market... But anyway I getting the lumia 1020 and the s4 Google edition
17. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Looking forward to this on my Note 2.
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yeah, especially since Sammy is going straight to 4.3 and bypassing 4.2.2.
19. frustyak (Posts: 191; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
Let's see if those claims can stand up to an eight-year-old playing Minecraft and Doodle Jump :-)
21. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Hopefully they throw in a fix for the surfaceflinger problems with the nexus 10, and any word on reduced RAM usage?
22. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Honestly if you look at the battery info it looks like 6 hours of screen on time. Speaking of which he really shouldve just shown the on screen time instead.
25. joey_sfb (Posts: 4453; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Rather unbelievable achievement. Hope it's true!!
28. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
any improvement in low-light performance??
or how about easier access to phone logs?? it takes three clicks to get there!!
30. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 411; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Honestly the two things I really wanted. So Verizon better not slow this down much.
32. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
He's mistaken Im afraid. If there are battery improvements they arent huge.
34. Sondae (Posts: 228; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
How i wish they put updates where we can store apps on micro sd....