Alleged iPhone 5 battery leaks, capacity barely changed
1. redmd (Posts: 1071; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
There's a market for accessories afterall.
Maybe the 3300mah of Motorola is already patented?
20. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
maybe its a new battery for a refreshed 4s that will come out with the five as a cheaper option
21. valapsp (Posts: 515; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
I think that (Patent) is the reason why phone manufacturers don't use that amount of battery capacity. I can't think of any other reason. When technology has reached to 3300mAh there is no acceptable excuse to use less than that.
30. joey_sfb (Posts: 4453; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
You don't understand apple at all. This is the first iPhone 5, the next version iPhone 5s release in Sept 2013 might have it.
Incremental hardware/software update has always been apple's long standing policy.
Even their software will disable most sort after feature on older hardware. Latest example are their AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion, only mac purchase from 2011 onwards will have that feature. The rest please buy a new mac.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Alright correct me if im wrong but how in the hell is a 4 inch phone gonna last long with a 1440 mAh battery???? and isnt it supposed to have lte and be a quad core phone?
3. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Not long and since its a LCD screen and not OLED....
Well, the number 1 complain with all phones these days have been the battery backup :D
4. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I don't think it will actually have a quad-core processor (that would cut into Apple's high iPhone profit margins). My best guess is a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor.
9. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Welcome to Early 2011 Apple Fans!! :D
That would be a dated configuration though.. Anyway i don't think iOS needs a faster or quad core cpu or more ram since it still does not have full fledged multitasking
That should increase the life of battery though
17. Lawliet (Posts: 160; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Actually I prefer an A15 2-core over an A9 4-core
32. joey_sfb (Posts: 4453; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
My old motorola milestone 2 has a 1400mAh battery with a TFT 3.7 inch screen. The battery can last 13 hours with CPU tuner tweak that under clock the phone to 300Mhz during idle.
So its possible that apple would use a 1440mAH battery for their iPhone 5 assuming the iOS is more power efficient due to the lack of apps true multitasking.
5. sid8911 (Posts: 54; Member since: 29 May 2010)
lol my 2010 phone has a 1500mAh battery
18. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Even Nokia N95 8GB (2007 year) has 1200mAh battery. :)
24. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
thats like saying my hummer has a bigger tank of gas than this prius...
btw the EVO had a 1500mah battery and its famous for having bad battery life while most 1500mah Androids coming out to the market now run all day long with that little juice.
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"thats like saying my hummer has a bigger tank of gas than this prius..."
I understand what you want to say, you want to say that consumptions are different, but I don't think that new iPhone will be eating less than Nokia N95 8GB.
But good logic +1 for you.
27. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Yes exactly, If apple was able to upgrade the iPhone without the need of more battery, good for them.
although, I'm not quite convinced that battery life will be the same if the new iPhone has LTE. I not sure they can pull it off.
6. prototype (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Jul 2012)
Samsung own some LTE patent maybe Apple iPhone 5 will not support LTE.
14. doejon (Posts: 391; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
all i can say --> hahahahaha would be great
i hate apple
33. sansam100 (Posts: 13; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Damn ass it all about money,apple still uses the samsung patent for the 3g, ass u have seen its only samsung that doesn't wanna pay loyality for apple pattent but apple shares its pantent to who ever can aford it, if samsung denies aple LTE patent then no pinch to zoom for you and no bounce effect I bet u gonna have to use the circular phone coz we own the rectangle (evil lough)
7. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
There is no way Apple would put such a small battery into a rumored 4" phone with Lte. Apple has always favored battery life over speed that's one reason the 4S didn't have Lte and the A5 processor in it is under-clocked to 800 MHz. I foresee something more in the realm of 2,000mAh.
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
they need to! and stop doing their fans wrong like that.... smh
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Another rumor, another fake...
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if the new iPhone doesn't come with LTE there are going to be some UPSET folks out there. their stock would plummet.
15. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3075; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Seriously, LTE has been around for like 2 years now. Apple needs to spend less time in the court rooms and more time on the drawing boards thinking of better products.
12. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
10mAh more? Is that what I read? That seems a little weak, doesn't it?
I mean if this is true, you'll have a 4" display, LTE capable device with a mere 1440mAh non-removable battery. I hope that isn't true.
Even if it's a non US GSM version.
13. salam-joseph (Posts: 4; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
WTF!?!?!?!?!?!? 1440 only ??? u disappointed me apple :(
16. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You are all forgetting(including the author of the article, gosh) that iPhone 5 should be ONLY 7.6mm THICK.
19. Aeires (unregistered)
If it is going to be used by Apple, I'd bet it's for the iPod and not the iPhone. Beginning to believe Apple is deliberately leaking hardware to throw people off, they practically went postal over the leaked iPhone4 but haven't said a word over the ton of leaks with this phone.
23. bubbadoes (Posts: 610; Member since: 03 May 2012)
the battery life on the 4s is horrible...now imagine the same size batery inside the iphone5 with larger screen and Lte. you are looking at twobhours max. get a camelback charger is all i say..good luck..
26. TimTebow (Posts: 70; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
iOS does not need as much battery as Android.
Because it does less.........
29. Luuthian (Posts: 234; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Really hope this isn't true. How is it possible that Apple would even attempt LTE with a battery that size? What about the gaming that the iPhone is known for? Or the awesome web browsing battery life?
Ugh... Bad call if true Apple. Bad call.
36. qwertypoor (Posts: 72; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Couldn't it be for ipod? Because lte would kill that low of a battery pretty fast
37. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
a lot of people are going to btch bout the iPhone 5 battery life if it's not any where near 1900 or higher Mah they will fail