T-Mobile might be the only major US carrier without the iPhone, but it’s making sure it’s the best place to get an Android handset. How? By slashing prices on nearly all of its Android fleet including big ticket phones like the Samsung Galaxy S 4G II, HTC Amaze, the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide and the HTC Sensation. The upcoming “New Year, New Phone”sale over this coming weekend will slash their prices down to $49.99 after a mail-in rebate, and for other lower-end models the cut will be down to zero.
Most of the handsets require a minimum of $49.99 unlimited Value plan with at least 2GB of data a month, but the Galaxy S 4G II and the HTC Amaze require 5 gigs of data. Here's a list of who qualifies and some details:
- Classic, Legacy, or existing Value Plan customers,
- There are no contract or handset tenure requirements,
- Standard migration fees apply for customers switching to Value,
- 2-year contract required,
- Must activate or upgrade to Unlimited Value Plan with qualifying data feature,
- Variable data requires: Smartphones (2GB) or 42Mbps Superphones (5GB),
- Qualifying Rate Plans: Unlimited Value Family Plan, Unlimited Value Single Lines and AAL (Must have unlimited minutes add on feature),
- Any webConnect Value rate plan of 2GB Or higher.
The cut is also applicable to tablets and MiFi devices. Check out the table below for the requirements. T-Mobile stores might be pretty busy starting Friday, January 6th, don’t you think?