Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Apple has paid out $70 billion to developers since the launch of the App Store

25
Apple has paid out $70 billion to developers since the launch of the App Store
July 10th, 2008 was a very important date in smartphone history. On that date, Apple launched the App Store and things were never the same. Currently, the App Store is available in 155 different countries. Speaking of the App Store, Apple announced today that since day one, it has paid out more than $70 billion to app developers whom receive 70% of the revenue received generated by their paid apps. Apple keeps the remaining 30%. 

Apple says that over the past year, the number of downloads from the App Store has increased a whopping 70%. And with the subscription business model now offered for all 25 app categories, paid subscriptions are up 58% year-over-year in 2017 to date. An example of a subscription business model would be Netflix, which charges subscribers monthly for streaming video.


According to Apple, Gaming and Entertainment are its top grossing app categories. Photo and video apps have seen their revenue climb 90% over last year, while Lifestyle and Health apps have seen their gross rise 70% year-over-year.

source: Apple

New reasons to get excited every week

Get the most important news, reviews and deals in mobile tech delivered straight to your inbox

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless