iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
Wohoo, the painful wait is almost over, and now users are about to finally get iOS 7 as a free update for their iPhones, iPads and iPod touches! Apple has promised that it'll release the new version of its mobile OS today (September 18), and while the company hasn't provided a specific release time at which the update will go live, history shows that users on the west coast will get iOS 7 some time in the morning, at about 10AM PT. This would mean that east coast is going to get the update at about noon. Meanwhile, it'll be the late afternoon in Europe when iOS 7 is expected to start knocking on the other side of your iPhone's screen.
Updating your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch should be very easy and hassle-free. You can either install the update wirelessly over the air (OTA), or by using the desktop iTunes program. If you prefer the second option, be sure to update your iTunes to the latest version first.
Since that's Apple we're talking about, chances of anything going wrong tend to be slimmer than usual, but it's never a bad idea to back up all of your information before you begin with the update. Also, be sure to have your iPhone charged before that, as it will probably refuse to update if its battery is running low. Finally, it might be wise to consider waiting a day or two before you install the update on your phone, because Apple's servers will surely be quite busy on launch date, resulting in low download speeds and possibly even failed downloads. Besides, if there happen to be any issues with the way Apple's pushing the update, those will probably be resolved in a day or two, though, as we said, it'd be quite surprising if any problems occur.
iOS 7 is compatible with iPhone 4 and up, iPad 2 and up, as well as iPod touch 5th generation.
Expected US release times:
|10 AM||11 AM||12 PM||1 PM|
Expected European release times:
|GMT||British||Central European||Eastern European|
|5 PM||6 PM||7 PM||8 PM|
Expected Asian release times:
|1 AM (Sep 19)||1 AM (Sep 19)||2 AM (Sep 19)||2 AM (Sep 19)|
Read more about iOS 7
Apple iOS 7: all the new features
5. New notification center: day overview
8. Camera gets 8 new filters: mono, tonal, noir, fade, chrome, process, transfer, instant
9. Photos now automatically organized
10. AirDrop: contact-less sharing nearby via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
16. Weather app with gorgeous animations
17. Calendar with no leather
19. The iOS 7 will arrive on iPhone 4 and later, iPad 2 and later, iPad mini and iPod touch 5th generation
21. The compass app has a level
22. Swipe down to access the search bar
23. The folders are bigger
24. Near me section added in the App Store
25. Contacts can be blocked
26. The clock icon actually moves
1. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
ios7..whats new in that?..save yourselves from few clicking...stay on ios6
apple ..wake up.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 12716; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apples awesome new operating system, the one who's article you're clicking on to make dumb comments about, which means you know what iOS 7 is. Shhhhhhhhh haters go jump on an android article.
12. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Hey man, don't get mad. I'm just playing you. Cheer up, i'm waiting for this also. And i gave you a thumbs up :)
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 12716; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Not mad, just poking back that's all.
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Apples awesome new operating system..."
darkkjedii, it is not new, it is just updated. :)
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 12716; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ummm that's kinda the point in calling it new PAU.
94. pvaraich (Posts: 15; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Updated means same design and minor tweaks like the ones we see in android.
43. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4173; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Let the haters hate and show jealous for an OS that continues to evolve and outdo its competitor.
45. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Let the haters hate..."
And the trolls troll.
72. exodusmodules (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Not really... although I like iOS, until Apple let's us have freedom without having to exploit our devices, iOS will not be that great. I'm not saying iOS sucks, it's a great operating system with great potential. I'm just a tinkerer, and Apple doesn't serve my kind here (Star Wars reference). If you are a tinkerer, hopefully you feel the same way.
74. darkkjedii (Posts: 12716; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Now that I can respect. These aren't the "Droids" you're looking for. +1
99. iyoda (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
For all the tinkerers. Just wait a week until it gets jailbroken and then tinker away.
100. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
"it's a great operating system with great potential"
Unfortunately, you need to take out that last past and replace it with "no potential". Sure, it's a good OS but it's closed design means that it will never achieve the level of customisation of android (shown by Paranoid Android, cyanogenmod etc.)
80. jb4674 (Posts: 141; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
For someone who hates "dumb comments" as you put it, you sure can't spell to save your life.
Here's an idea... Sell your POS iPhone and get a hooked on phonics video so you can learn how to spell and write.
82. darkkjedii (Posts: 12716; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Awwwee yuo souunde but hurrt lol. Is that bettere fo u lmao? You should learn to use commas too, you missed a couple.
93. pvaraich (Posts: 15; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Lol. Totally agree with you. Android fans should know what iOS is as android is derived from iOS. It is funny how people forgot how android was developed.
104. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...as android is derived from iOS."
Could you please explain that more widely?
106. darkkjedii (Posts: 12716; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The last time I asked you for an explanation, you didn't give it, so why should he?
115. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
darkkjedii, you also not always give explanation when I ask!
Usually I always give explanations if it is needed even without requests. But I'm not a robot so sometimes I skip one or another thing. For example if I don't have time for response or just moving forward to the newer articles and so on...
119. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I'd like an explanation on that as well, especially considering Android is Linux based and iOS isn't.
If I had to say what OS Android is influenced by the most I'd have to say Symbian, not iOS.
108. shashank0456 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
Should I update today or wait for a couple of days?
113. sslinkard (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
I would upgrade today. I have been running the Beta for about 3 weeks now and I absolutly love it. I do not see any bugs, it is faster and more intuative, not to mention, just plain slick. This new overhaul is what apple needed for a long time. Do not worry about any issues, so fat everything i have used works fine and I am a heavy user.
126. rockblock123 (Posts: 20; Member since: 07 Sep 2013)
shut up you dumbass.stick with what you know,which is nothing..get back on the short bus.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 12716; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Jeff_1 shut up! Who cares about your nagging? Just enjoy the device you have, don't worry about others.
9. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
there is a comment box..am i not entitled to write?
freedom of speech my friend
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 12716; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No freedom to hate, nag, whine, and be a nuisance...my friend.
15. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
im not hating. not whining, and no nuisance as well..im just giving my opinions..same as you do..
looks like you need a back up from apple squads..lol..
18. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
You know what darkjedii, apple is great, IOS also. But they have to step up a notch. They are being left behind and believe me. You're just being blinded by your apple love. Things may not always be in apples way. But if they release a 5" iPhone. im in :)
75. darkkjedii (Posts: 12716; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'd like a larger screen iPhone too Tech, it's just not a must have. I feel ya though. +1 sorry for the late response, got tied up at work.
24. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
darkk dont let them get to you bro... its simple, people post whatever they want because PA gives us that freedom.
can't help but respect that. even from trolls.
back to the great news tho!
i haven't tried any of the iOS7 betas i want it all to be a total surprise to me tomorrow.
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 12716; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've tried a couple, and believe me you'll like GM version. You know these trolls can't get to me, I just enjoy giving them some of their own medicine. It's funny to poke em, and watch em get all riled up cuz someone fired back. +1 G2G
39. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
what's new in iOS? nothing as far as you are concerned m sure :)
although it implements whatever it has learned from it's direct competitors in a way better then ever. >>wake up other OEMs...Apple is showing how it's done and done right \m/
67. lilduderob (Posts: 13; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
IOS7 has been talked about for months but you have no idea what it has. So you decide to make a comment to stay on the old without going to whats newer. You have no idea what the newer has. So, without you knowing you say stay on the old. Find out the new features before you bash it.
97. applelife18 (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
hey guys i work for apple and we are releasing it today at 9am and we hope that u guys enjoy it i know that i do!!!
2. msa1988 (Posts: 417; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
So stoked for this update. iOS7 is exactly what Apple needs. BRING IT ON!
6. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
what apple needs another steve jobs or else 2 years from now they are -----
let me say this... the sales of iphone 5c and 5s combined both will be the dumbest figures they will ever had.
19. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I agree jeff. Might not what the the board wanted.
31. amats69 (Posts: 1132; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
What's the hate? What you need is just stop the fanboyism or else 2 years from now youre still a butthurt fanboy that keep on bashing apple.:-D
128. rockblock123 (Posts: 20; Member since: 07 Sep 2013)
you an idiot who responds to it...you butthurt icrap fan..flame on.
109. BuyOS (Posts: 7; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
Really doubt it after reading Forbes about Apple's major deal with China Mobile for the 5c
20. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1030; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
iOS 7 seems a nice update with multitasking,etc etc... But that new revamped UI kinda big let down, at least for me... Its too cartoonish and childish . I don't feels like its modern, may be refreshing but not modern.
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It is, just not all features as far as I know.
33. SellPhones82 (Posts: 565; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Some of the new camera options/filters and something else I believe. Might "steal" my sons mini and bring it to work tomorrow so I can load iOS 7 play around with it. Am I correct in there is no way to downgrade the OS once I upgrade it?
68. lilduderob (Posts: 13; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
do you think it be hard on the first day to get an iphone 5s in stores?
81. tawil786 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Yes. At 8:00 AM on a friday. It will be tough. Are you planning on going to the apple store to get it? You would have to get there very early to get in line and see if you get lucky enough to get one.
84. lilduderob (Posts: 13; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I got my 5 at best buy. I waited an hour to pre order it and got it. So I am either going to best buy or AT&T apple will be to busy
112. AKumar47 (Posts: 48; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
swipe your four fingers on the vessel and an opened app will reopen.... just like win8...
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Nothing really special, but as tech lover I still want to try that on my iPhone 5, just for curiosity. :)
22. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
+1 for you PAU
at least you're willing to give it a try.
29. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Thank you! +1 for you too.
I don't have anything against technologies, I just don't like Apple as a company and certain type of Apple product users. :)