Steve Jobs worked closely on the 2012 iPhone with a larger screen, also dreamt of iCar and iYacht
21. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Leave the guy alone,already!!! He's in the iTomb.
29. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
That's not funny... Ok maybe a little. But I loved his quote at the end of the article. Nowhere to go but down. But ya never know with Apple.
2. pongkie (Posts: 501; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
they're using jobs again for their marketing scheme can't they let the guy rest in peace
4. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
when you think about it though, maybe Steve still wants this. lol
If this is true, then the next iPhone will be great. (and will be considered)
If this is false, --- I still hate Apple. (and I will continue laughing at le Sheep)
8. dickwyn (Posts: 594; Member since: 07 May 2012)
how do you know maybe this is not a marketing scheme at all maybe. steve jobs really dreamt of it. and last year i also had a hitch that since the design of the iphone is same when release, steve must have had some plans because he died 1 month after b he resigned as ceo and one moth is a long time
19. EclipseGSX (limited) (Posts: 1587; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
He doesn't want to come back
23. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Because Wozniak refused to be seduced by the Dark Side Of The Force.
36. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...seduced by the Dark Side Of The Force."
5. Jyakotu (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I love Steve Jobs. In fact, he's one of my inspirations, but they need to let him rest. I understand that he's the "face" of Apple, but seriously, they have a new CEO: Tim Cook. Steve is gone, but not forgotten.
31. humandroid (Posts: 58; Member since: 11 May 2012)
He inspires you? To do what, exactly? Be a complete insufferable d**k-hole to everyone you meet, steal peoples' ideas and pass them off as your own, talk down to your customer base and treat them like children, or charge 3x what a product is worth? Exactly which of those qualities do you most want to emulate?
Great role model you picked btw. One of the worst human beings to ever infect the planet.
6. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
This is the obvious truth, the next iPhone will most likely have a bigger screen and LTE because at least one of the major carriers (Verizon) has made a requirement that all their phones they sell will be LTE by the end of the year. Furthermore, the bigger screen is obvious since it has been the same since its release. These are obvious things and not a "wow" thing.
7. fongy (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
I think this is the worst kind of cynical PR BS - attempting to ride on his coat-tails for another couple of years... I'm sure they'll say he designed it all the way up to the iPhone 10...
They're obviously scared that once SJ is forgotten people won't quite be a fanboy-esque... and interest will be lost...
9. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
So by 2013, we'll see non-job iPhone/iPad design.
10. topbabas (banned) (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I think iPhone 5 is going to break all the exceptions and can be a next hit from Apple ...
14. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
People forget that apple started this revolution , and they r still the industry leader. Apple knows what it's doing, the next iPhone will b huge. Apple takes the automaker approach, keep the body the same for a couple years, while working under the hood then release a new body style. It's an age old concept. This is y apple products hold their resale value so well, android which is a great no awesome platform devalues quickly, due to the fact that rite after the launch of a flagship device a max, or x version comes out making the former obsolete in a month. When u get an iPhone u know it'll b the top one for atleast a year, no iPhone 4S, then a month later iPhone 4SX or max. Too many releases too fast water down the devices. I hate waiting, but I understand, and like apples approach.
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"People forget that apple started this revolution..."
17. dickwyn (Posts: 594; Member since: 07 May 2012)
smartphones, if it werent for apple android would look like a blackberry. android followed apple. at first they say the touchscreen will never replace the keypad and see what now galaxy nexus, full touchscreen not even a single button at sight
20. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The cell phone revolution, who was doing big business in large screen all touch non physical keyboards devices before apple? Motorola was doing the startac they junked it Samsung was doing bb like devices sorry I can't think of the name, but they junked em. Htc Nokia all followed suit. I'm not saying iOS is better or worse than android cuz I absolutely love em both, and own both, but u gotta admit apple turned the industry on its ear in 07' with the OG iPhone.
25. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Not really a revolution, more like a race of who got there first. On Oracle vs Goodle trial, they did sayGoogle having another touchscreen smartphone proto-type other than the blackberry look-alike before the iPhone as launched. iPhone didn't set the pace of the touchscreen smartphones, they just got there first, which is completely different from a revolution.
But yeah, to Topbabas, I'm really interested to see what iPhone will be like to the rest of the competition this year.
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Apple totally redefined how you interact with a smartphone. They had the first smartphone OS that was designed around touch.
You and PA user are just haters
32. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Doesn't matter what google had on the drawing board, it matters what got into consumers hands first, and that was the iPhone. Thus apple not google defined this new era. We wouldn't even really hear from google in the phone sector til.
08' with the g1. Google should've pulled the trigger, cuz apples the company that's synonymous with touch screen devices even though grocery stores had em in the 80's in the form of cash registers. Guess google made those to huh?
11. rn9215 (Posts: 45; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
OMG i dont want the closed eco of apple on a mobile phone let alone cars or yatch!!
33. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Then don't buy one. Look how simple that is.
15. dhruba (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
thats weird as he had a different theory and statement about phone display sizes.
18. andro. (Posts: 1949; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The iyacht,the yacht that would change everything again for yachting fans
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6437; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Google already working on a self driving car right now. Apple will always sue when they think they come up with something first
28. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Huh, so the iphone 5 and 6 were being worked on for while. Well that is good, except it shows you that APPLE was holding back innovation of its own phone line. Why come out with the iphone 5 model, when it should have came out last year? Maybe, they were not seeing too many reasons to employ 4G LTE on their next phone due to how new it was. I wonder why a 4 inch screened iphone was not released with the 4S, though. Incremental upgrades seems to be what APPLE likes best.
30. humandroid (Posts: 58; Member since: 11 May 2012)
An apple designed car, that is f*cking terrifying. Probably for the best jobs died, it's bad enough the roads are full of iDiots on their iphones/pods/pads, now lets throw an iCar in the mix too!
34. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
So android users don't talk/text, and drive? Oh wait they probably don't since most of the time their devices r giving force close messages, or freezing up, and rebooting. So actually they reboot, and drive. Luckily there's no law aginst that.
35. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
We iDiots and androidiots r one and the same. People who spend their hard earned cash on what they want. So that makes me a consumeridiot
37. mercorp (Posts: 969; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)