Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPe has nasty nasty bug that won't let you delete installed apps
The latest bug restarts the UI whenever you attempt to remove an installed app, thus preventing the app from getting wiped clean. This obviously could make things difficult for those looking to load up their Xperia Z Ultra GPe with apps, media and other content. Without being able to delete the ones that you don't need anymore, you soon could be bumping up against storage limits. The device has 16GB of native storage, of which 11GB is available to the user. And there is a 64GB capacity microSD slot, so you might be able to install quite a large number of apps and content before having a problem.
Hopefully Sony is working on a bug fix for the phone. In the meantime, you can see the bug in action by clicking on the video below.
source: +JRRaphael via AndroidCentral
1. buccob (Posts: 1306; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Wow that sucks... Why a GPe would get this kind of bugs, and a true Nexus don't?
what part of the Software is being developed by Sony?
7. apple4never (Posts: 917; Member since: 08 May 2013)
it may be a driver problem like someone already stated or some compatablity issue
3. Tsoliades (Posts: 206; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
If you're rooted, which everyone with a GPe phone should be, you can just delete the apps using a file manager.
4. hackmanhtc1 (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Micro sd...micro sd...micro sd. Nuff said
5. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
FOR GOD'S SAKE, you're mobileage already sucks so why do I have to update my dam App Store!!! Silly apps, I need Adblock on mobile.
6. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Mobile page** Silly ads** ------ This is how mad I am!!
9. Sebring5 (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
There's more problems:
1-Security settings are unaccessible.
2-Google Now commands do not work.
3-Third party launchers do not always work.
4-The process com.android.phone stops on reboots.
Google has been promising an update to fix the issues for the past week. No update and Google will not do anything else. Piss poor customer service.
11. 21babydoll12 (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
googles next problem is to tackle their customer service for sure. wait time sucks and their tech support dont know much. two horrible exprience in regards to their chromebook. problem was never resolved. i thought i was the only one.
10. anleoflippy (Posts: 244; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Funny, same thing on the GPE version of the S4.
12. 21babydoll12 (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
kinda wish a more in-depth review would be done on these GPE.
13. isprobi (Posts: 185; Member since: 30 May 2011)
So much for pure Android being better than custom builds. Trying to run the same OS on so many different combinations of hardware will never work reliably on all devices.