Pictures of Verizon branded Samsung GALAXY Note II leak
Some pictures of what is alleged to be the Verizon version of the Samsung GALAXY Note II have leaked and take a look at that home button! As we previously heard, even the home button on the device has Verizon branding. The nation's largest carrier has been making up for missing out on the original Samsung GALAXY Note by recently launching the LG Intuition. The latter is a 5 incher with an aspect ratio of 4:3 which means a device so square never looked so cool (how's that, Madison Avenue?). Then, there is the matter of that rumored 5 inch phablet from HTC, with a 1080p screen.
The Samsung GALAXY Note II is expected to be launched sometime before the end of the year and a "respected source" is calling for an October 21st launch for AT&T which means that we could be about a month away from seeing redemption for Verizon customers/
1. Dr.Phil posted on 15 Sep 2012, 18:53 20 1
I can understand the carrier branding on the back, but having the carrier brand on the front home button? I'm sorry, that just looks weird.
8. Ravail posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:06 10 2
Doesn't look right, looks out of place. I'm gonna get mine for AT&T :D
9. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:10 14 1
Verizon loves putting their name everywhere on their devices.
28. mas11 posted on 15 Sep 2012, 21:44 9 0
Please let it be a sticker
38. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2012, 10:40 2 0
That's what I'm thinking it is. I don't know of any phone that has the carrier branding on it twice.
42. laheelahee posted on 17 Sep 2012, 09:51 0 0
at least choose either the V or Verizon, not both!
43. jamrockjones posted on 17 Sep 2012, 15:25 0 0
I'm sure that it's a sticker. The other two capacitive buttons have print on them too.
17. Droid_X_Doug posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:37 4 1
If having a V-branding on the home button gets the Note II released on VZW end of October or early November, 2012, then bring it on!
3. PapaSmurf posted on 15 Sep 2012, 18:59 6 1
Why the hell would Verizon but the branding on the home button? What ever happened to putting it near the speaker grill?
4. 1ceTr0n posted on 15 Sep 2012, 18:59 4 2
I'll stick with being on at&ts network and my note 1, Verizon data plan is utter bulls**t and I got on at&ts older plan before they changed it. One thing that's killing me, does anyone know if note 2 has notification Led, cause damn I really miss that from my DROID x
5. PapaSmurf posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:01 4 1
I'm pretty sure it does. I don't think they'll omit that on a flagship.
12. PapaSmurf posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:27 1 1
If they want it to look like the GS3, they would put it on there....
16. PapaSmurf posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:37 0 1
Look at the video in comment 11. Notification light is left of the speaker grill.
37. 1ceTr0n posted on 16 Sep 2012, 01:09 0 0
It blinks once the entire time, thats not acceptable to stare at a phone for 30 seconds just to determine if a missed call/message is waiting
10. Hammerfest posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:21 1 1
Use a backlight notification tool from the Android Market (Google Play Sex Store)...
turns the hard buttons into a notification led when not in use (but only in white :P)
11. Dr.Phil posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:21 1 1
It appears as though it will, as long as the carriers don't change the design (which it appears lately with the GSIII that they are keeping it the same as the international besides all their branding on it).
19. KingKurogiii posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:47 0 2
AT&T's plan structures are pretty much the same as Verizon's now.
14. eDiesel posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:35 3 2
There is a PAtrolling i$heep somewhere. Haters gotta hate.
15. Droid_X_Doug posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:35 1 2
taco. I heard a rumor that he was allowed back, but he could only vote for postings. Any comments and he would be banned for life.
25. remixfa posted on 15 Sep 2012, 20:56 3 2
i have heard nothing. He is banned for life. That I got confirmation of a while ago.
But that doesnt mean that stupid troll isnt around here on an alternate account or 3. last time he was banned for a length of time, we found him under many fake accounts.
18. zackh121556 posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:45 2 2
Dear PhoneArean...I know how much you love posting random iPhone stuff but. I LOVE YOU for posting this!!! Best day all year!
20. orielwindow posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:47 2 1
I've been waiting forever for Verizon to carry the Note so if I have to live with the idiotic placement of their logo on the home button then so be it! Think there's any kind of skin or sticker that could conceal it?
21. redmd posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:48 2 1
oh I can't wait to get my hands on the note 2. it would be hard to choose between this and the optimus blaze.
22. KingKurogiii posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:50 1 1
i doubt the version that comes to market will have any button branding. i would imagine that just the prototypes have this.
23. belovedson posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:58 1 1
gosh err darnit i want this over all the other phones coming out this year!!
24. Danalvi1981 posted on 15 Sep 2012, 20:53 3 1
I hope Sprint is getting the Note 2! I would buy it in a heart beat. I have been waiting for it on Sprint.
29. Sniggly posted on 15 Sep 2012, 21:56 3 0
I'm still holding out for the Razr Maxx HD. Gotta say though that one thing Apple does right versus the competition is getting a solid release date down for every version on every carrier when they f**king ANNOUNCE the product. In the meanwhile, we know of several awesome phones that'll be available...sometime. The carriers really need to get their f**king s**t together on this.
30. fanboy1974 posted on 15 Sep 2012, 22:09 2 1
Why are people so negative over the freaking button branding? What's worst? Verizon branding or a 4 inch iPhone?
31. agentoj posted on 15 Sep 2012, 22:18 0 0
Always hated carrier branding on phones. My friend has the International version of the Note and it looks nice. It really is going to suck if that is on the home button, but better than not having the note at all (as previously stated).
32. infernal88 posted on 15 Sep 2012, 22:38 3 1
the guy is still using windows XP and worst of all .. internet explorer !!!
33. Sniggly posted on 15 Sep 2012, 22:50 1 1
I noticed that too, lol. What kind of grub wallowing at the bottom of society is he?!
34. theo14461 posted on 15 Sep 2012, 22:57 2 0
Can I please comment on the LG Intuition? Well, here goes. What is going on over at the LG camp? I purchased that device and i have to say it was a major disappointment! WIFi issues like nobody's business. Exchanged it for the Samsung GS III, much better in every respect!! Here's to the Samsung Note II.
35. Ric1511 posted on 16 Sep 2012, 00:37 0 0
I highly doubt the final version will have the branding on the home button. There is no point in speculating over something that hasn't even been officially announced yet.
36. Droid_X_Doug posted on 16 Sep 2012, 00:50 0 0
"There is no point in speculating over something that hasn't even been officially announced yet."
The whole purpose of this site is to speculate. :-) Remember how many articles (and comments) were posted in the run-up to the iP5 release?
40. juvane posted on 16 Sep 2012, 23:30 0 1
Samsung is a joke. How hard is it to publish carries and release dates? I am no fan of Apple but at least they treat their customers with a little respect. Apple: announce new phone, announce pre-order, announce release date. All done within a day of announcement. I am not quite sure what Samsung is trying to do with this mystery announcement. Maybe the Note 2 is far from ready and they should not have announced it so early???
41. winthorpe posted on 17 Sep 2012, 07:51 0 0
What's the point of branding a Samsung device? You can't see logos when it needs a 47-layer case made of recycled truck tires to protect it from a 8-inch drop.