Photos show Sony Xperia Z1 and D6503 side by side
The situation is in flux, but right this second we expect the D6503 to feature a 5.2 inch screen with a 1080 x 1920 resolution. A quad-core Snapdragon 800 MSM8974AB processor is under the hood, supporting 4k video playback. There is 3GB of RAM inside with 16GB of native storage on board. Android 4.4.2 is pre-installed out of the box.
We have some side-by-side pictures to show you that reveal the difference between the Sony Xperia Z1 and the Sony D6503. The latter is a bigger device with a larger screen and larger dimensions, while the positions of some of the ports are different. The speakers are also placed in different locations.
The Sony D6503, aka Sirius, is a beast regardless of whether it is merely a Z1 refresh, the Xperia Z2 or some other device. Check out how the model compares to the Sony Xperia Z1 in the slide show below.
Comparing the D6503 and the Sony Xperia Z1 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Is this the LG G3: specs for top-shelf Sprint-bound LG phone leak out
11 Apr 2014, 05:03
Comparing the D6503 and the Sony Xperia Z1
1. D6503 on left and Sony Xperia Z1 on right
2. Ports have different locations
3. D6503 has speaker on top
4. D6503 speaker on bottom
5. No speaker on top of Xperia Z1
source: XDA via XperiaGuide
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6606; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I want to see what LG, Samsung and HTC dish out first before getting a new phone again.
20. emadshiny (Posts: 1081; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I think it can't be Z2.
Maybe it is T2 or even ZL2, regarding the naming method. ZL was C6503 and Z was C6603, so Z2 must be D6603.
23. Teja171 (unregistered)
Why do you want a new phone again ? You just need another because, the newer device has 5% improvement over the previous one ?
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6606; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm switching phones every three-four months this year to try out new things. Next phone in line is either the G2 or S5.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6606; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I just know how to get phones for cheap. I could get a brand new iPhone 5S for $450 if I wanted to.
24. Teja171 (unregistered)
Smuggled one's ?
16. GMS85 (Posts: 154; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I totally feel you on this one brother same here I'm changing phones like every three months or four months tops ! LOL I know its kinda lame, but what to do, I'ma Sony freak can't lie, so let's wait and see :D
19. mokhtar (Posts: 132; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Just like me, every 6 month, from ion, to s, to z and finally z1, wich sony will made a monster z2, this de phone in the article looks ugly to be honest, z1 is better
26. buccob (Posts: 1041; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I wouldn't mind a bit of ugliness if it means front stereo speakers, a more appropriate screen size relative to phone size... and better build quality (no frame bending, screen stutter, better display like Z1 Compact...)
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5632; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Two beautiful phones sent from my Z1.
5. Leonis (Posts: 230; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
The size of z1 is HUGE for a 5" phone. Make it 5" again and a bit smaller would have been a lot better. I hope z2 compact will offer 4.5 since the bezels will be smaller. I am very disappointed to see the size of z2.
8. apple4never (Posts: 754; Member since: 08 May 2013)
its not even that big compared to a n5 id take the z1 for its design over the n5 or any compact 5 inched
25. Leonis (Posts: 230; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
I don't own the N5 either. I compare the phone with S4 and HTC One and the z1 is so uncomfortable big. Its more for geeks than to people that want a great phone. There is a reason why z1 compact sells more than z1 in japan and will probably do so in europe too.
7. johnehms09 (Posts: 47; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Z1 is bigger than g2 dispite Of 5inc dispaly only and yet z2 is much bigger than z1.. too big, rather buy a note 3 with that size..
18. Feanor (Posts: 273; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
It looks like it is 3-4mm longer than a Z1, so I think you cannot call it "much bigger than the Z1". Actually comparing to the Z1, I think that the bezels will be a tiny bit smaller considering the 0.2" larger display. But I admit that Sony will receive a lot of complaints for not managing to match the thin bezels of the G2 (and I guess the S5). I think this Sirius will be again about 10mm longer than it's other 5.2" competitors.
9. apple4never (Posts: 754; Member since: 08 May 2013)
haters gonna hate, trolls are gonna be trolls and fanboys r gonna be fanboys, what phone has these specs, screen, camera and the looks. NONE haha
12. Aquarius (Posts: 4; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
This I have waited - finally phone with two speakers - phone for a music lover !
Thank you SONY !
13. Rager722 (Posts: 94; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
I don't think phones need to get any thinner anymore. We're good.
14. Jalil (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I'll be waiting to see LG G3 and Galaxy S5 and then will decide.
21. taojj (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
Its not Z2 its a variant of the flagship device just like Xperia ZR (C5503)
27. isprobi (Posts: 116; Member since: 30 May 2011)
If the dual speakers are good I want this. If it has a dock it is totally awesome.