Note 4 leaks on AnTuTu with Snapdragon 805 and a 64-bit Exynos CPU, QHD display confirmed
1. grahaman27 (Posts: 349; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Do you guys even know what 'confirmed' means?
4. Duketytz (Posts: 519; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
If it appears on Antutu, it's pretty much confirmed in their views
50. gabyteodor (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Also android 4.4.3 =>3 =>Half Life 3 Confirmed!!
Oooops... wrong forum :(
8. Ashoaib (Posts: 2425; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I hope they will use 6inch display with colorful SAmoled like on s5 and note 4 will be mine
45. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5951; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
How about 1 out of 2? Super AOLED is a probable. 6 inch QHD is not.
I am hoping that OIS makes it to the Note 4. Then one will be mine.
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6729; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
They don't Care. PA only cares on how many clicks they can get on a pointless article with no real info. I'd say wait till the devices comes out with full details.
27. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Of course they do .... 'confirmed' means it was posted on the website AllThingsApple; once it's published there it's as good as 'confirmed'!
2. promise7 (Posts: 476; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Nice, just hope they don't come w/ the dot pattern back of the S5 or diamond pattern back of the S5 LTE-A, both don't really look appealing.
14. NotAGeek (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Agree,i would take the ol' school fake leather anytime.I've compared fake leather and perforated back and i feel that fake leather feels better
30. james.blunt.1973 (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)
I really don't care if the back comes with real band aid, cause I will get that beast a beauty dress (Flip cover I mean)
3. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I'll take the snapdragon non-curved/flexed version.
5. Donzzy (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
It's about time the front camera should be upgraded, if possible with LED flash for the selfie addicts lol. The back cover should be polycarbonate but with metal finish, I detest carrying metal phones that may fry my hands while playing games or doing heavy tasks.
9. jian9007 (Posts: 20; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
No, it's not. The upcoming 808 and 810 Processors will be the 64-bit enabled ones.
46. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5951; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Plus, the OS needs to be 64-bit enabled.
31. james.blunt.1973 (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)
Why? I never run into short memory in my original Galaxy Note. I don't care what number is as long as all apps and game run smoothly...
12. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Full RGB AMOLED, please. PenTile matrix era is over now.
16. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
agree amoled plus would be awesome
19. enderw33 (Posts: 12; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
hahahaha...i wish! samsung would rather use a pentile QHD screen and make the gpu process 77% more pixels for a measley 16% increase in subpixel density over a proper rgb FHD screen. pentile is and always will be a huge scam...samsung must pay reviewers to pretend they cant tell the difference. one glance at s5 vs one(m8) in verizon the other day and it was glaringly obvious. Even at 1080p, text and straight lines (i.e. 90% of the internet) look fuzzy around the edges.
Really disappointed in samsung about this as my note 2 is getting a little long in the tooth. It looks like im going to have to choose between a proper home button and a proper rgb arraingement.
F*ck samsung for using pentile and f*ck google for forcing on-screen buttons on everyone else
40. Jason2k13 (Posts: 657; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I'm zooming in your comment right now with my note 3, should I take a screenshot so you can show me where the fuzziness is? Or your just talking crap about Samsung? If so... Then carry on.
51. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3720; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
You don't need to zoom in to see the fuzziness. Just display text on a light colored or gray background and it is easy to see that the fonts are fuzzy around the edges/outlines.
It's amazing how people argue against resolution when the benefits are so obvious, both scientifically and from basic common sense. They should go back to using a PC with 640K memory and a VGA screen.
33. kamejoko (Posts: 115; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
stup*d. gpu render direct image resolution. GPU doesn't know or it doesn't care LCD is pentile or RGB. Because content show on LCD (Amoled) control by microchip on panel.
17. livyatan (Posts: 753; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Well, this news clearly place the Exynos model as the better choice of the two.
It makes the Snapdragon 805 outdated in comparison.
This Exynos is basically comparable to the Snapdragon 810!
32. livyatan (Posts: 753; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Keep in mind though that the Exynos looks to be clocked at only 1.3Ghz which indicates the 28nm lithography manufacturing.
Therefore, while cpu architecture and setup in the Snapdragon 810 and Exynos 5433 is the same, the performance of Snapdragon could be much higher because of the more advanced process node (20nm), which allows those A57 cores to be clocked at 2GHz, as well as less constraint on the Adreno 430 GPU
38. lpratas (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
In GSMArena they wrote that the Arm Cortex A57 cores of the Exynos version are of unknown frequency. Can be a proto version of the Exynos cpu.
47. livyatan (Posts: 753; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Fair enough.. Could be a 1.3+1.7GHz setup actually..still substantially slower than 1.7+2GHz of SD 810, but PLENTY fast nevertheless.
Perhaps even more importantly, the Mali T760 GPU is promised to be a very power efficient design in its fewer core variants(scales up to16 cores) , so that advantage could balance out some of the overall power draw in comparison to Adreno 430 in Snapdragon 810
29. ojdidit84 (Posts: 414; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Yeah. Too bad the SD810 probably won't be available to phones until probably Q1 '15... =/
18. ciprian.ruse (Posts: 147; Member since: 13 May 2014)
5.7" screen and smaller bezels(resulting in a smaller device) is what I hope to upgrade from Note 3.
21. ciprian.ruse (Posts: 147; Member since: 13 May 2014)
Forgot to say that I also hope they won't change the fake leather back to the one like S5 because is super ugly.
20. Dee79 (Posts: 91; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Note 3 is good enough to wait for the Note 5 me thinks.
Just please make a phone where I dont need a case to protect it.
52. Anonn (Posts: 96; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
Note 4 Active hopefully. Samsung is the only company on earth that makes high-end phones with IP and US Military Certificates
25. yahia_malka (Posts: 120; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
The version with snapdragon 808 , or 810 64 bit is better and non curved is more better than flexed cuz it will be easy to break
35. shuaibhere (Posts: 1673; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Flex version will come with plastic screen....so it will not break easily as glass...if body too is plastic then flex version should be durable as hell...
28. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 850; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Bring me that Note 4 Exynos! Hurry up Samsung, bring this beast!
34. gaara6775 (Posts: 511; Member since: 20 May 2014)
So exynos is beast to you when we have snapdragon? Wow, what a imagination you have.
36. shuaibhere (Posts: 1673; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Exynos is beast in this case...
It should be on par with S800 in terms of raw power...
42. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 850; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
What on earth are you blabbering on about, the Exynos has always been the better chip, only downfall was the lack of LTE, but now thanks to Intel that has been sorted out, for majority of regions.
37. Totse2k15 (Posts: 276; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Note 4+SD805, I'd buy it if I had the money. Great upcoming new smartphone.
39. JonathanAlexander7 (Posts: 21; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
Can't wait to see Note 4,iPhone 6,Blackberry Classic :D
48. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 529; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Damnit to hell, I really wanted Note 4 to be 5.8 or 5.9'' inchs damnit!
49. gigaraga (Posts: 1381; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
This phone is already turning out to be a beast just looking at the specs..I wonder what new features Samsung is coming up with in this new iteration of the Note series!