Motorola DROID BIONIC shirts are here; video shows the DROID BIONIC in action
Motorola DROID BIONIC in action. We see the phone boot up and get a look at the usual boot-up eye that has become a part of the DROID tradition. We also see what appears to be a new form of Blur and then the phone is put through a speed test.
Now that we have actually seen some clear video of the phone in action, are you still anxiously awaiting the launch of Verizon's first dual-core LTE handset?
source: YouTube, AndroidCentral
2. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
it looks a bit sluggish... and the boot is slower than the dinc2. grrrrr Moto Please use fastboot.
other than than take off the un needed visual enhancements and it should run great.
5. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
it definitely isn't. it's a Droid 3 with more RAM. i know. you mean the transition effects or the boot animation? o:
3. iankellogg (Posts: 155; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
This looks really laggy for what this thing is suppose to have inside.
26. mobile junkie (unregistered)
I agree, this looks to be on the slow side. The one app the user did launch was slow to load. Honestly I wish the user spent more time launching apps and giving us a better feel for the phone capabilities than just a few finger swipes.
27. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
it JUST came on for the first time. it had to load it's apps initially like any phone does.
4. Sniggly (Posts: 6760; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Even with the visual candy and the fact that the phone was JUST STARTED UP it seems to run great. I approve. I think that's the first boot screen I've seen a Droid have which comes with sound effects.
6. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
the Droid Charge's boot animation has sounds too. i can't decide which i like more...probably the Bionic's.
11. dandirk (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
I am pretty sure the OG droid has sound... I will have to take a look, I am pretty sure I disabled it.
14. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
he doesn't mean the Droooooid sound. he means the other stuff.
7. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2939; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
It's an improvement over any of the other LTE devices out for Verizon right now but it's no match for the SGS2 and the up coming HTC Vigor I'm afraid.
10. dandirk (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
I would definitely wait for the SGS2, if it has LTE... LTE rumors abound, but they seem more rumorish then the 3g only reports. Either that or I just don't want to be disappointed.
13. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2939; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
There has been some leaks of a 4.5 inch Samsung LTE phone running around. I HONESTLY wouldnt be surprised in some shape or form that it is in fact the SGS2 for Verison. I mean you have a 4.5 inch Samsung phone coming out for T-Mobile in October.
23. Anon Emus (unregistered)
It's too bad that the SGS2 will only be 3gLTE and you'll have to wait half a year for the Celox. The Celox will have to come in and lick it's wounds.
- "No Vigor or SGS2 or Prime or yada yada yada is better than this!" - My future robot Craig12.0 will be disgusted with your phone and feed it to the incinerator. That's what I'm waiting for... sounds stupid doesn't it. Mirror check!
15. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
it'll fall to the Galaxy S II if it comes to Verizon with Exynos & LTE but it won't fall to the Vigor.
8. bob (unregistered)
Why do so many of the people who film these pre-release videos NOT show the actual hardware? I mean, if they are going through the effort to leak something, couldn't they at least pick it up and show it off a bit?
9. Droider (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
im kind of stuck in a pickle, trying to decide between thunderbolt, charge, or bionic ...please help!
i ordered the charge idk if its a mistake
16. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
take it back, get the Bionic on the 8th.
19. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
Same choices we all have at vzw. I am personally choosing Bionic.
Of the TBolt or Charge...I guess I would go Charge.
Not sure if that makes ANYTHING a mistake. Lol
12. dandirk (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
I hope the battery reports are correct, hate to see another thunderbolt issue. Would also bode well for other newer LTE handsets (indicating efficiency improved)
17. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
it probably is considering how long it took them to iron out the wrinkles with this phone.
18. Truthisahabit (unregistered)
Same ol same, same as any droid specs, the look, the shell, EVERyThiNG! Ugh I'm no longer impressed.. :( that's why iPhone wins everytime! Dear company who are spool anxious to put a phone, start making a real phones! I'm tired of a hyped phone stuffed in a piece plastic casing! .....thank u kindly ;)
X Verizon employee
20. Sniggly (Posts: 6760; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Sure. Every Droid looks the same and every iPhone...doesn't? I think you live in opposite land, broski.
24. serious (unregistered)
Seriously? Can I have some of what you're smoking?
The iPhone has shown SOOOO much diversity in each of it's 4 updates I know! WTF.
21. StillStuckWithDroid (Posts: 65; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
ummmmm how could you possibly do a leak video of that phone without doing a Quadrant???
who gives a damn about its download speed?......its 4G.....it will be around 5 megs.....we know that
22. it's (unregistered)
25. Droider (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
thanks for the reply. i guess ill use the charge for the remaining 14 days then trade it in lol.
---and for all those people who are obsessed with iphones, reality is ur just another person & theres nothing special about you. yeah its a good phone but come on there's no comparison to some of the android phones out there so Booooyah